Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Run for L'Arche: training week five


Last week was a pretty good week of workouts. I went to the November Project workout again (if any Calgary friends ever want to come with me, let me know!), which destroyed my legs from all the stairs. My legs hurt until Saturday night. Because my legs were hurting so much, I made sure to foam roll and I also had a professional massage. 


Have you heard about foam rolling, but aren't sure how exactly to do it? Here are a couple links to help you:

How to use a foam roller
The benefits of foam rolling  
Foam rolling 101

Monday February 15
Tuesday February 16
  • 5.73km tempo run at lunch
    • 1km warm up
      4:58, 4:49, 4:40, 4:42
      750m cool down

Wednesday February 17
  • November Project workout that included so many stairs and hills 


Thursday February 18
  • 4.75km {5:55/km pace} run at lunch. My legs were dead from the stairs!

Friday February 19
  • 7.5km walk with Harley (one in the AM and then we walked to pick up Amelia)

Saturday February 20
  • 4km family walk

Sunday February 21
  • 10km {5:30/km pace} long run with Harley 

Total kilometers: 20.5kms 

Tell me: how was your week of training/workouts?

5 comments :

  1. I can see why you were sore from all of those stairs! That's hard on lots of muscles from the glutes to hip flexors to hamstrings!

    My week of training was so so. It started off strong as I ran on Monday and went to yoga, went to yoga again on Tuesday, and ran again on Wednesday. But then my hip pain came back so I did nothing Thur-Sun. I'm soooo annoyed with my body right now. I am seeing a physical therapist tomorrow, though, so hopefully they get to the bottom of what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome workouts! I am starting to forget the last time I even worked out since I've been so sick. Hoping to get back to it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots of you running the stairs! I would probably have died!

    I hate foam rolling. I know it's good for you but it's so hard on the rest of your body trying to keep yourself on the darn roller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! I hate stairs lol. I used to do a morning boot camp when I lived in BC, and randomly the whole class would be to see how many sets of stairs we could do in 45 minutes. It was so brutal! I haven't worked out in almost two weeks because of this damn cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I "love" those stairs, as much as you can love stairs, those are kinda fun. So awesome you are doing that morning event!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...