Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Run for L'Arche: training week four



When I posted my intro to myself and my training plan back in January, I apparently forgot how to count or I was just really excited about training.....I started training a week early as I had made my training plan eight weeks long. Since I've already put in the work, I decided to add an extra onto my plan and make it nine weeks instead. Here is my updated training plan:


Onto my training from last week:

Monday February 8
  • 4km walk with Harley
  • November project workout- lots of burpees, running, jump squats 
    • this was my first time going and I was nervous as I don't like putting myself out there and this was a group of people I had never met before. It was fun though and a good workout!



Tuesday February 9
  • 4km walk along the river at lunch



Wednesday February 10
  • 4.8 run
    • 1km warm up
      5x 400ms (1:49, 1:41, 1:45, 1:41, 1:46)
      1km cool down



Thursday February 11
  • I didn't record anything for this day and my memory sucks!

Friday February 12
  • 6.3km {5:34/km pace} run long the river at lunch 
  • 4km walk with Harley
Saturday February 13
  • 4km walk with Harley

Sunday February 14 
  • 8km {5:17/km pace} long run with Harley. It was a super windy day out, so it helped push us along and made it so tough on the way back home!


Total kilometers: 19.1 kilometers

Tell me: how was your week of training or workouts?

7 comments :

  1. The running path along the river looks really nice! It's nice that you can get away during the workday to fit a run in occasionally! Last week was a better week of workouts for me as I was able to get more runs in. I still don't feel like I have a good enough base to start marathon training but oh well. Hopefully it all works out. I didn't do anything while we were in mexico, but when I got back I went to yoga the next day, ran with a friend on Thur, went to yoga with a different friend on Friday, ran with my club on Saturday and went to yoga on Sunday. So lots of running and yoga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These posts would be so much easier on my mind if I could better convert km to mi...haha! Luckily I know a 5k is 3.1mi. ;) You are so good at staying active every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious of your lunch runs!! So nice to run along the river! Maybe one of these days I'll haul my stuff down and do that. Better than my other lunch cardio of shopping!! Haha! The office can deal with my sweaty hair one day a week! Too bad our offices are a tad too far away to meet up for a run.



    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job!! I really want to try November project!!! Good for you for going solo! I know it can be tough but it's always worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! Good for you for getting to the November Project workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The November Project seems like such a cool and fun workout concept. I would totally go if we had one here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the November Project a free event or do you pay drop in? Looks fun! Well attended?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...