Monday, February 1, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Why oh why do weekends have to go so fast! I swear you blink and they are over. Not cool. Let's see what we were up to this weekend:

{friday} I picked Amelia up after work and we had a simple dinner at home. Both Mr.D and I had gone out for lunch with co-workers, so we didn't feel like eating out again (anyone else have zero desire to cook on Friday nights?). Once Amelia was in bed, I went for a solo run and felt like I was moving slow as molasses. We didn't do much else that night except watch tv.



{saturday} Mr.D got up with Amelia and let me have a sleep in, so I was up around 7:45am. Heaven! In the late morning, we took Amelia for her next set of vaccinations. Poor girl screamed while getting them! Once we were out of the room and she saw the other kids playing, she was happy. While we were waiting the mandatory 15 minutes, I was kneeling on the floor while Amelia played and this little girl came up to me and said hi. She then tried to give me a sticker that she got and she was playing with my hair as well. She then just sat herself down on my lap! Her parents apologized, but I didn't mind at all. She was such a cutie. After the appointment, we ran a couple errands and headed home. In the afternoon, I took Harley for a walk. 

Mr.D's parents also came for a visit on their way back from Phoenix (they were there for a month and drove down). We ended up ordering Chinese and having a quiet night in.

{sunday} Mr.D's parents left around 9am and then Amelia went down for a nap. While Amelia was sleeping, I headed out for a solo 8km run (Harley hurt his paw so he didn't come with me).  Once I got back, I quickly jumped in the shower before Amelia was up. While I was getting ready, Amelia proceeded to take everything out from under my sink. What a stinker! Just after lunch, we headed to a friend's house for her daughter's birthday party. Amelia became so cranky, so we ended up having to leave a bit early. 



The rest of the day was spent doing laundry, making some soup for tonight's dinner and doing anything to keep Amelia happy.

Tell me: how was your weekend?

7 comments :

  1. Rylie has the same jammies but as a 2-piece set! What a cutie - sounds like the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. Amelia is such a cutie,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a fun weekend! I agree, they go by wayyyy too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia has such a mischievous look on her face in that 2nd to last photo!

    I wish the weekends didn't go by so fast either! Even when I don't have much planned, they still fly by! I also do not like to cook on Fridays, mostly because that means I have to have it planned out far enough in advance to shop for the groceries I'll need when I do my weekly shopping trip on Saturday, or I have to go to the grocery store during the week which I hate doing! So we tend to eat out more on Friday nights or we will have leftovers.

    My weekend was pretty low key which was nice! We stayed in on Friday night, did an early birthday celebration on Saturday night and then I made dinner at Phil's mom's on Sunday. It has been so nice to have less planned out weekends lately as I'm totally in hibernation mode these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Weekends go wayyyyy too fast :( Sully loves to take everything out of my bathroom cupboards too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her little pigtail! Such a happy little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weekends (or any time off work) become so precious after you've gona bck to work. I'm seriously considering hiring a cleaning lady next time I go back to work and am not immediately awaiting another mat leave, haha. The one year needles were no fun for us either! I remember Josie being super fussy but going down for a glorious 3 hour nap that afternoon and being all better after.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...