Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Tuesday everyone! This recap is coming to you a little late thanks to the Family Day long weekend. Three day weekends are pretty darn nice. let's see what we were up to:

{friday} Mr.D was off work, so he picked Amelia up from the day home. She was not happy when he brought her home so they facetimed me at work. It helped a little bit :) I made an easy shrimp stirfry and then I took Harley for a walk once Amelia in bed. It was a super foggy night out, so it was a kind of creepy walk. Pretty sure nothing else exciting happened the rest of the night.

{saturday} I was a lucky lady and got to have a sleep in until 8am. Once I was up, I vacuumed the house and washed the floors. Not my favourite chore. Amelia had an amazing 2.5 hour nap in the morning! We both checked to make sure she was still breathing as she rarely naps that long.


Can you guess who dressed Amelia? ;)



It was a gorgeous, but windy day out so we decided to go check out Bill Hill Springs Park. Gorgeous spot, but it was icey! We ended leaving and decided to try Glenbow Ranch but it's pretty open and Amelia hates having the wind in her face. Womp womp! The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging out at home and taking Harley for a walk. We got take out for dinner and spent the night watching tv.

{sunday} in the morning, Mr.D headed out for a bike ride (surprise, surprise) with Justin. While they were biking, Amelia and I hung out at home. Once they were back from biking, I headed out for a run with Harley. It was a super windy, but warm day. Later in the afternoon, Alison + family came over for a last minute dinner. We had a delicious dinner of ribs, veggies, salad, buns and cake pops & ice cream. I'm still full! It was fun to watch Amelia and Delainey play together.





not too big for it at all!




We put Amelia down to bed that night and she was up crying less than ten minutes later. I went into her room to find her crib and herself covered in puke. So gross! We gave her a quick bath and cleaned up her crib, and luckily she went back down without any issues. We think she just had too much to eat + a big bottle too close to bed.  

{monday} I'm not going to lie- I was in a grumpy mood all day for some reason. I just couldn't get out of it! After Amelia's morning nap, I went to meet up with a friend and her son at a play place while Mr.D stayed home to change the oil in the car. It was pretty crazy in there, but the kids had fun playing and we got to catch up :) When we got home, I took Harley for a long walk in the sunshine. Nothing much else happened- dinner, workout, blog, shower and bed
 :)


they did have fun I promise!


Tell me: how was your weekend? 

14 comments :

  1. Woah! Amelia's hair looks like it has gotten so long!! Sounds like a fun weekend! Wish we celebrated family day in Quebec! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler dressed Wes on Saturday as well and also put his clothes on backwards! Which play place did you go to? Sounds like a great weekend (and woohoo for long weekends!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend sound great - aside from the puke! I am glad she didn't get sick again! Poor girl! I love the photo of her wearing that shirt backwards. Way to go, dad. ;) We had a long weekend here, too, and it was great. I got a lot done which is good because we'll be gone this coming weekend and then the following weekend I fly out on Sunday for a work trip so I won't have a full weekend at home for a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I wish BC would change their Family Day to match the rest of the country! Our weekend was short and not overly eventful, other than going to the race on Sunday.

    We have that same Usborne book! It's a huge hit in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate washing floors and the new house floors might be the death of me, my other ones hid dirt almost too well lol. Though I did get out of washing floors at the rental, my Mom took pity on me and did them ;)
    We are entitled to grumpy days! Hope today is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was super grumpy yesterday too. Probably because I could tell I was getting sick, whomp whomp. Is that play place treehouse? looks like you guys had a fun weekend! (I love long weekends too but who doesn't?!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun weekend aside from Amelia puking. Poor thing. Her and Delainey are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend!!! Love that her shirt was on backwards haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute shirt! I remember London crying in his crib, one night, and I was getting so frustrated. I didn't want to go in there and I finally lost it a little and yelling "stop crying!!" He was a baby...he had no clue what I was saying obviously but I was exhausted. I went in 10 minutes later to find him covered in puke. MOM FAIL!!! Whoops! I'm glad those moments (aka sleep deprivation at its finest) are done with!!

    Seriously though, glad you had a fun weekend! I want a cake pop now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm enjoying all the running "selfies" on IG! You're a rockstar. I'm glad you had a good weekend off :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best part of Family Day was the lack of snow in the middle of winter!
    Shoes to Shiraz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha Dads- how hard is it to figure out which way to put a shirt on? J does that all the time with both kids!

    Love that Valentine's photo of A!! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a fun long weekend, except for the puke part of it.... but that is why things are washable!! It looks like the weather has been nice there; it was super warm here over the weekend as well. I went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend to do some snowshoeing, skiing and hanging out with my parents. It was a lot of fun, but I definitely did not get anything done around the house, which would have been nice. It seems like Spring may come early this year and I have a lot of things to do to get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that he put her shirt on the wrong way!! ha SO funny. We need to get together again soon. And I need to time more time to comment on blogs clearly. :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...