Monday, February 22, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Well, that weekend flew by too quickly! It was filled with family, resisting naps for Amelia, and some me time. Let's see what we were up to:

{friday} I had the day off of work, so I decided to take a 'me' day instead of keeping Amelia home with me.  I took Harley for a long walk in the morning and then headed out for a massage. My shoulders were super tense from being at a desk again and my legs were so tight from the stairs on Wednesday! It was a wonderfully painful 60 minutes ;) After my massage, I stopped at Value Village to drop off some donations and look around. I ended up getting Amelia a couple things, plus a skirt, sweater and shirt for me all for under $30. 

After VV, I stopped at the mall to get some tights hemmed at Lululemon, grab some lunch, and buy a couple new bras. Exciting times ;) I got home around 2:30pm and spent the next 1.5 hours laying on the couch catching up on Ellen and napping. Around 4:30pm, Harley and I walked to the dayhome to pick up Amelia since it was a relatively nice day out.  Amelia was super tired, so she was in bed by 6:45pm. We didn't do much for the rest of the night except catch up on Scandal and Grey's.

{saturday} Amelia was feeling warm and was super tired the night before and was up once during the night. She settled back down and then ended up sleeping in until 8:45am!! That has never happened in our house. Mr.D and I didn't wake up until 7:20am and I spent the next hour laying in bed reading. It was pretty darn wonderful! In the later morning, we went for a chilly family walk and stopped at the swings before heading home.

In the afternoon, Mr.D's parents came down for a visit. Amelia went down for a nap and ended up only sleeping for 40 minutes- definitely not enough for that child! Luckily, she was pretty happy for the rest of the day. Mr.D's watched Amelia, so we headed out for a date night. We went to The Keg for a delicious dinner! We hadn't been out alone for a while, so it was nice to be able to chat and not have to talk over Amelia.

{sunday} I had a bit of a sleep in, which was nice. Once I was up, I made pancakes for everyone before my in-laws left to drive home. I ended up running out of the boxed mix and made my own using this recipe. They were thicker than normal pancakes, but still pretty good. It made a lot as well, so we will be able to use the mix a couple more times. My in-laws left around 9am, and Amelia proceeded to fight her morning nap. We ended up getting her up as she was having none of it. We are thinking she is moving to one nap a day, which would be fine if her one nap was long enough.

Hanging out with dad after fighting her nap

her first pigtails!

I headed out for a 10km run with Harley while her and Mr.D played at home. Once I was back, we had some lunch and she luckily went down for a nap (though it was shorter than she needed!). After her nap, we got groceries and then spent the rest of the day making dinner and playing. 

Tell me: how was your weekend?


  1. Good for you on enjoying a day off for yourself! Avery went to one nap once she started dayhome since it was the schedule there, sometimes she had two on weekends but that was rare and once we got into one longer nap it was much better!
    Adorable pigtails!

  2. Good for you for enjoying a day to yourself. Definitely deserved. Liam also moved to one nap when he started day home. It took a bit for him to get used to the new routine, and fell asleep at the lunch table on occasion, but eventually got into napping once in the afternoons anywhere from 1-4 hours!!

  3. That is great that you took a day for yourself! I think doing things like that for yourself are so important as I think it makes you better and more patient mom in the long run (of course I say this never having had kids of my own). I hope that Amelia starts to nap better or at least takes one really long nap if she does move to one nap a day! She looks pretty tired in that photo you took after she fought her Sunday nap!

    We had a great weekend. I stayed home on Friday night and did laundry and meal prep and then Saturday morning we headed to my parents. We ate lots of awesome food, played a lot of card games, and did a little bit of ice fishing. We went straight to Phil's mom's on Sunday night when we got back and had dinner w/ her and played a couple of games of Yahtzee so I didn't get home until after 9 last night! I'm really glad I did meal prep on Friday or I would be feeling very unprepared and frazzled right now!

  4. The first few weeks of transitioning to one nap are hard, Noah used to only nap twice a day, 30 min each, so to transition to one nap that was 1.5-2 hours long was a tricky, but well worth it!! Good luck!! Glad you enjoyed a day to yourself!!

  5. A massage sounds soooo good! Starting this weekend we're having a babysitter come on Saturday mornings. This weekend I went to a 90-minute hot yoga class which was glorious, but a massage/pedicure definitely needs to happen soon too.
    I can't remember when Swede moved to one nap... Probably a little after her first bday too. The transition wasn't as bad as I thought, and then it's much easier having the free morning.

  6. I love Value Village! We don't have one here, but we always make sure to hit it if we are in Calgary or Lethbridge :)

  7. Love those pigtails!
    I don't even remember how we transitioned into one nap a day as our family seemed to function best without a schedule in the first year or so (yes we are the only ones). Right now Josie sleeps 9pm-8am-ish and has a nice long nap (2-3 hours) starting around 1 or 2pm. Seems to have worked for the last few months! Good luck with your transition!
    I had a very unusual weekend as my work weekends I usually work open to close on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but since we had a baby shower o go to on Sunday I switched Sundays with the other pharmacist and enjoyed half a weekend. It was nice!

  8. That day to yourself sounds fantastic! Her pigtails are adorable

  9. Ahh a day to yourself! Sounds heavenly and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous ;) Sully was a terrible napper up until the last few months, but we've got the one longer nap down pretty well now and it makes life a lot easier that's for sure! Is she napping twice at day home still? Love love love her little pigtails!

  10. Oh Amelia's little pigtails are so cute! Good plan to take a day to yourself!! That is also awesome the dayhome is close enough to walk to!

  11. We should do a value village date! ha ha I always forget to go there! I love her little piggies. SO cute. Does she sit nicely for you?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...