Monday, February 8, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! Another weekend that went by way too quickly. Good thing next weekend is a long weekend....so looking forward to it! Amelia wasn't quite herself this weekend and it was tiring. We saw a glimpse of her happy self on Saturday, but that was about it. Not sure if she is massively teething or what, but she can be happy again anytime soon!

Let's see what we were up to on the weekend:

{friday} Amelia still had a bit of a fever when we got up in the morning, so Mr.D stayed home with her. I headed to work where I had to get caught up on everything that I missed the day before. We didn't do much once I got home from work. Once Amelia was in bed, I took Harley for a walk where I ran into a friend who lives in my neighourhood so we ended up walking together. I headed to bed pretty early myself.

{saturday} in the morning, Mr.D let me have a sleep in, which was greatly appreciated! Once I was up, he headed out for a bike ride with Justin. While they were riding, Amelia and I had a nap and played. Once Amelia was up, we ran to the mall so I could return a few things and then stopped at the grocery store. Once Mr.D got home, we traded off and I headed out for a run in the crazy wind with Harley. We covered 7kms and only cursed the wind a few times ;) When I got home, Amelia was down for a nap, so I quickly changed and went to the Running Room and Wal-Mart. I was looking for a new running jacket that wasn't black, and ended up getting this one in purple. They also had sports bras on BOGO, so I got another Juno and this one. It's so comfortable! 

Waiting for Mr.D to get home with the pizza

In the evening, we ordered pizza as we didn't feel like cooking. Once Amelia was in bed, we just hung out watching tv.

{sunday} I was spoiled again and got to have another sleep in! We didn't do much in the morning except try and make Amelia happy in between her nap. In the afternoon, we headed out to our neighbourhood community club as we were hosting a joint birthday party for all of the kids in our prenatal group. We came up with the idea so people didn't feel like they had to invite everyone to their family parties- it was great to see all of the babies and the parents too :) We got home around 3pm and it was gorgeous out, so I took Harley for a walk. Amelia was a crank pot after her afternoon nap, so we alternated taking turns to try and make her happy. 






Tell me: how was your weekend?

12 comments :

  1. Hopefully Amelia has a good week this week! I took the dogs for a 4 mile walk on Saturday and for sure thought Reggie was going to blow away...it was SO windy! Awesome idea for the day party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, hope she feels better soon. We haven't had too much crankiness, but he has been a bit fussy and clingy this last week thanks to teething. I always love to hear that Mr. D lets you have a sleep in. I am definitely the morning person between Pete and I, so while some days I would like to ask him to get up with Henry I never do. Maybe sometime I will. I know it's more than fair that he should do it on occasion, but for some reason I feel like I should since I'm better with mornings and I'm not working a full time job. Hope your week goes well! Our weekend was busy, but good. Pete worked Saturday so I went up to my parents house to have my dad do some maintenance on the car and then I worked yesterday and Pete took care of Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Amelia feels better today! Having an off weekend with them is so hard since you just want to enjoy those two days with them and then that makes it extra hard. There are weekends that I think "thank god it is Monday" and feel so bad about it but yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Cranky kiddos are no fun. I hope she's in a better mood this week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We finally had a decent weekend after two lousy cranky-sick-toddler weekends! Of course I'm sick now but that's better than the kids being sick. The weekend highlight was a "Super Bowl party" (aka an excuse to eat snacks) with my parents.
    I love Amelia's little ponytail! I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got an extra long weekend because the entire city of Halifax shut down today due to a blizzard. I'm not complaining. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, isn't post-nap crankiness the worst?! And we've had many weekends (and days) like that...where Sully is just cranky for no real reason (although I usually blame it on teething, even when I'm pretty sure it's not teething lol). Love your new running jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Amelia! Being sick sucks! Hope she is feeling and acting better this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a great idea to get together with the others in your prenatal group for a big joint birthday party! I hope that Amelia is back to her normal self by now. I'm sure it's tough seeing her out of sorts and not her happy self!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun that all the babies and moms from your prenatal group still get together regularly! What a fun idea for a big joint birthday party! Hope Amelia is feeling better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun you guys all still get together!! Amelia is looking so much older these days!! I am glad Amelia is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Amelia is feeling better!! Sounds like you made the best of the weekend!! Yay for easy take out nights!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...