Friday, February 5, 2016

TGIF

Oh man, thank goodness it's Friday and the weekend! After I wrote up my post for yesterday on Wednesday night, Amelia ended up being up for a couple of hours with a fever. I stripped her down, gave her some medicine and we watched some cartoons until midnight. I woke up yesterday feeling terrible so I ended up calling in sick. I felt so guilty taking a sick day already, but I didn't want to get others sick as well. 

The high of the week was getting to spend time after work with Amelia and then a good tempo run on Tuesday at lunch.

The low of the week was being sick and Amelia not feeling well either. Send healthy thoughts our way!

The best money I spent was on chocolate covered almonds and cough drops. So exciting! ;)

The meals we had were:

I'm currently reading Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson. I finished Let's Pretend This Never Happened last week and laughed at quite a few parts! 


This weekend, we are not doing too much. Mr.D might go for a bike ride and then on Sunday we are having a birthday party/get together with the prenatal group. Really hoping Amelia feels better as I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and how all the kids have grown!

Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments :

  1. oh no, hope you both feel better throughout the weekend...it's so funny how when kids start daycare, they get sick - crazy germs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never feel guilty about taking a sick day for yourself or Amelia! I used to but not now, our health is more important :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww so sorry you had a rough night! Take your sick days - that's what they're there for! Hope you have a good weekend and are able to make it to your party on Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel guilty about taking a sick day. It happens! I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww man, I hope you both feel better soon!!! Like Linds said, don't feel guilty. I know it's hard but they need their mama's when they're sick and you need to rest and recovery so you can be a good mama, employee, wife etc... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well soon!! I a sure it's doubly hard to be sick when you also have to care for someone else! It's fun that you stay in touch with your prenatal group; It makes total sense since you guys will always have kids the same age!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no I hope you both feel better soon!! Always better to call in sick than to get others sick! My coworker is reading Furiously Happy right now and said she loves it and laughs out loud so much. She read the part about her visits to the OBGYN out loud to me and my other coworker and it was pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love your recipe for the pesto pasta! Have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear that you and Amelia got sick! You were wise to not go to work, though. I am sure your coworkers understand and don't want to get sick!! I would prefer for my under-the-weather coworkers to stay home!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...