The high of this week was Amelia being her happy self last night. Mr.D was out at a concert, so it was just her and I after work/before bedtime. Another high of the week (minus getting up SUPER early) was going to a November Project workout on Monday morning.
The low of the week was nothing stands out in my mind. Amelia did have a low grade fever on Monday and Wednesday, but it went down right away with Tylenol so the dayhome didn't call us.
The meals we had were:
- Sunday: chicken taco soup
- Monday: roasted red pepper pasta
- Tuesday: beef satay with rice and grilled zucchini - I found this recipe in the magazine that comes in the newspaper on Friday's (it's from Julie Van Rosendaal). I couldn't find it online, but I'll share it with everyone since it was so delicious. A little salty, but so good!
- in a glass bowl, combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp honey or brown sugar, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 2-3 crushed garlic cloves and 2 finely chopped green onions. Add 1lb stir fry beef, cut into thin strips. Toss with your hands to coat the meat well, cover and refridgerate for an hour. When ready to cook, soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes. Thread 2-3 pieces of beef onto each skewer, winding back and forth in an S shape and pushing the meat down to make it uniform. Grill or roast on a baking sheet at 425F for 10 minutes or just until cooked through.
- Wednesday: thai peanut chicken quinoa bowls
- Thursday: on our own as Mr.D was out
I'm thinking about signing up for a couple of races. I'm thinking about doing a MEC race in April in Nose Hill Park and then the Eye the Wall at the beginning of May. Who wants to come run with me?!
Have a great weekend everyone!