Friday, February 12, 2016

TGIF

Another work week down- woo hoo! Even better that this weekend is a long weekend and then I have next Friday off. Amelia has slowly gotten back to her normal self which is awesome- I've missed her funny self!

The high of this week was Amelia being her happy self last night. Mr.D was out at a concert, so it was just her and I after work/before bedtime. Another high of the week (minus getting up SUPER early) was going to a November Project workout on Monday morning.


The low of the week was nothing stands out in my mind. Amelia did have a low grade fever on Monday and Wednesday, but it went down right away with Tylenol so the dayhome didn't call us. 

The meals we had were:
  • Sunday: chicken taco soup 
  • Monday: roasted red pepper pasta
  • Tuesday: beef satay with rice and grilled zucchini - I found this recipe in the magazine that comes in the newspaper on Friday's (it's from Julie Van Rosendaal). I couldn't find it online, but I'll share it with everyone since it was so delicious. A little salty, but so good! 
    • in a glass bowl, combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp honey or brown sugar, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 2-3 crushed garlic cloves and 2 finely chopped green onions. Add 1lb stir fry beef, cut into thin strips. Toss with your hands to coat the meat well, cover and refridgerate for an hour. When ready to cook, soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes. Thread 2-3 pieces of beef onto each skewer, winding back and forth in an S shape and pushing the meat down to make it uniform. Grill or roast on a baking sheet at 425F for 10 minutes or just until cooked through.
The shows we are watching are: Shameless (anyone else watching this season?), Ellen (slowly getting caught up), Suits and Married At First Sight.



I'm thinking about signing up
for a couple of races. I'm thinking about doing a MEC race in April in Nose Hill Park and then the Eye the Wall at the beginning of May. Who wants to come run with me?!



Have a great weekend everyone!
 

8 comments :

  1. I am glad that Amelia is back to her normal self. You guys ate some great things this week! I need to get back on track with cooking again. This week I've been making easy things that don't require me to grocery shop, like tuna sandwiches and such. I am making a new indian recipe this weekend, though, for Valentine's Day.

    Have a great weekend! it's a long one for us, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Shameless but really only the original version rather than the US version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try these thai peanut chicken quinoa bowls!
    It's always so nice when the kids are back to their normal happy selves after being sick. I'm always like "I MISSed you!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Amelia's getting back into the groove of things! I need to look into this November project thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I'm always up for running. I just need the dates to see if they work!

    Also, how was November project? I REALLY want to check out one of their workouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Amelia is back to her old self! What concert did Mr D go to?! That beef satay sounds delicious! Did you grill or roast yours??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fantastic long weekend! I wish we had another long weekend haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad Amelia is feeling better!

    What is Eye the Wall?? November Project is cool! I would totally try and join if there was one in RD.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...