Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thinking out loud


I thought I would join in on the popular Thinking Out Loud posts that Amanda hosts each week. It's a good way to get all of my random thoughts out of the way and link up with others doing the same.

1. Debating on which distance to run
I am going to sign up and run a race at the Calgary Marathon again this year, but can't decide which distance to run. Should I do the 10K again or should I do the half? I know I could easily run the 10k, but I also haven't run a half since March 2014. It's about time for another one!

Waiting to cross the start line at the Calgary half marathon in 2011

2. The dreaded day care sickies
Amelia started having a runny nose and a bit of a cough on Sunday and so kindly passed it onto me. Luckily she hasn't had a fever at all and is still herself, so she's gone to the day home this week. Mine is a bit of a runny nose and a tickle in my throat that makes me cough a lot. Guess I better get used to it.

3. Day offs
I just found out that I am getting every third Friday off, which is awesome! Our work gives us the option to work a compressed schedule, so we just have to take a shorter lunch or start work earlier. I've been starting at 8:15 instead of 8:30am and am looking forward to those days off. It will be nice to have a day with Amelia or take a day for myself.  I need a massage really badly so I am going to treat myself to one.

4. Adjusting to going back to work
Knock on wood, but so far the transition back to work has gone relatively smoothly. Amelia seems to be adjusting well to the day home (though is still pretty clingy and cuddly with me when we get home) and work hasn't been too bad so far. Mr.D has been a huge help in the sense that he has been making lots of dinners, walking Harley, etc. Definitely couldn't do it without him!  

9 comments :

  1. That is awesome that you will get every 3rd Friday off! I think benefits like that are so awesome - I'd actually prefer that to a raise. My parents given their employees Fridays off in the summer and they work 4 10 hour days instead. I think that's a huge benefit that doesn't end up costing the employer anything, for the most part.

    I'm glad that your transition back to work has gone fairly smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your transition has been going good. But the sickness, it seems that's always a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo to the colds! It's the biggest downfall of daycare/school.
    That's so great about your days off.
    So glad your return to work has gone smoothly.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool about your work schedule! What a nice perk and will be a good extra day with Amelia a month OR a recharge day for you! Win win!

    I say do the half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone told me that I should just get used to London, and myself, being sick until he's in grade school... Yep, it's ringing true so far! I think I'm off work at least once a month with something and London is out of daycare at least that. Oh well, building up the immune system, right?

    I say go for the Half Marathon!! If you don't have a time goal that's super fast we could run together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dreaded day care sickies... It's terrible! Swede has brought home one illness after another since she started preschool last summer. Poor kiddo. And poor the rest of us who pick it up more often than not.
    Go for the half marathon! It's my favorite distance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for getting an extra day off in the month! That will also make vacation days go that much farther! Glad the adjustment back to work is still going well though! (minus the daycare sickies!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for every 3rd Friday off! We should coordinate a playdate some time. You used to do that schedule before didn't you? I remember being envious of your extra day off!

    You should do the Calgary Half! We can't do it this year since J's cousin is getting married on the Saturday out of town. I'm sad to be missing it but this is kind of important ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you get those days off, book a play date with me!! :) BUT a massage does sound way better. ha ha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...