Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Run for L'arche 5 mile: race report


On Saturday, I ran the 5 mile at the Run for L'Arche. This is my fourth time running the race (find my previous race reports here, here and here) and have loved running it every time. After missing out on the race last year, I knew I wanted to run it this year. 

Race package pick up was held Tuesday to Saturday, and I work close to the downtown location so I grabbed mine on Wednesday during lunch. I was in and out of there in 5 minutes. The race package had your bib, package of information, race shirt, buff and magnet for your fridge. 

The race didn't start until 10:15am, which gave us plenty of time to get our stuff together before heading down to Eau Claire (Mr.D and Amelia came too). I met up with Nicole, Leslie, Jen, Ang and Crystal before the race. We had time to chat before one last bathroom break and heading out to the start line. It was a little chilly to start, but the temperature started to warm up and it was a great temperature for running. The race started at Eau Claire and went along the river towards Edworthy Park. 




I spotted Mr.D and Amelia
Going into the race, I really had hoped to set a new PR (my previous PR for the 5 mile was 42:55). I felt great from the start - my first kilometer was 4:47 and I definitely pulled in from there. The turn around was before the 4km mark, so it was fun to the see the other girls on my way back. I told myself that I wouldn't look at my time until I hit the last kilometer and discovered that I was at 35 minutes. I knew I was going to PR then and pushed it for the last kilometer! I finished in 40:22! Pretty happy with that.


After crossing the finish line, I grabbed my medal, caught my breath and then headed over to see Mr.D and Amelia. They actually saw me finish this time ;) We waited near the finish line to see Ang, Nicole and Leslie finish. We headed inside and grabbed water, a banana, granola and apple. We all somehow missed the pancake truck!




 






Another fantastic race! Hope everyone had a great race. Thank you to Run for L'Arche for letting me blog about my training :)

9 comments :

  1. Good job! You're such a fast runner! Way to set a new PR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, way to go! Congrats on your shiny new PR. You are SPEEDY!! That's great that you got to see Mr. D & Amelia during the race and then at the finish. I love the photo of you w/ Amelia after the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your PR! You rocked that race. There were pancakes there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great race! Congratulations on the new PR! Looks like a lovely day for a race.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job, Leigh! That's incredibly speedy!! So fun that there were several of you out there running too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so fast!! Congrats on a PR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why I had it in my head this was a half marathon... Silly me. Awesome race! You're so speedy! PRs feel so good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing time, Miss Speedy!! Congrats on the PR!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...