Monday, March 21, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Phew, what a busy weekend! I feel like I barely sat down all weekend. Let's see what we were up to:

{friday} I had the day off, so I kept Amelia home with me from the day home. After Mr.D left for work, we made some muffins (these ones) and then cleaned two bathrooms. She went down for a nap without any crying and ended up having a good nap. Once she was up, we headed out to Costco and Wal-Mart for a couple things. When we got home, Mr.D was home from school, so we took Harley to the off leash area by us. Close to dinner, we headed out to meet our friends for dinner at Double Zero pizza. Neither of us had ever been there before, and the pizza was pretty good. Not the cheapest though. 





After dinner, we headed home and Amelia went straight to bed. Pretty sure I was in bed by 9:15pm reading.  

{saturday} once I was up and out of bed, I made us pancakes for breakfast and then got ready to out to the Run for L'Arche race. It was a later start (10:15am), which was super nice. I'll do a full race report tomorrow :) After the race, we headed home (Mr.D and Amelia came too) to have some lunch and Amelia went down for a nap. Once she was down,  I had a shower and then laid in bed reading. We didn't do much in the afternoon- just hung out around the house and played.



{sunday} Mr.D let me have a sleep in, which was super nice. Mr.D and Justin were going for their weekly bike date, so Amelia and I headed out for groceries around 8:30am. Superstore was surprisingly dead- it was nice! She fell asleep on the way home, so I parked the car in the garage and rolled down the windows while I put the groceries away. I ended up hanging out in the car with her while she snoozed away. After she was up, we took Harley for a walk in the sunshine along with a stop at the park to go on the swings for Amelia. 



When the boys got home, we hung outside while Mr.D cleaned his bike and then I traded off with Mr.D and headed to the mall to return a pair of crops to lululemon. In the late afternoon, we headed over to Alison and Justin's for a last minute dinner. They made us a delicious steak and potatoes dinner- thanks again guys!  

 

11 comments :

  1. Sounds like a FUN weekend...can't wait to hear about your race! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice weekend! I love hitting the grocery store when it's dead in the morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend. I love when the grocery store isn't crazy! Which is very unusual on a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a nice weekend to be outside! I love getting out for groceries early, we try to be out before 9am usually and if we get there later I go crazy now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun weekend! Swede had that elephant hoodie when she was one... Takes me back! [Sniff! She's so grown up now!]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I would kill to have a quiet trip to Superstore. That place drives me crazy every time I attempt to go there! Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy!! Great job on your race- it was nice to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend! I bet the later race start was nice. It is nice to not feel rushed on race morning!

    I had a great weekend, too. I didn't have much planned so that was nice. I spent a lot of time doing meal prep on Saturday afternoon but then Sunday was more quiet and relaxed, which was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when the grocery store is dead! Everytime I happen to be at one late in the evening, like two hours before closing, I think "why don't I ALWAYS grocery shop at night" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks lighter!!! Sounds like a fun weekend! I've been going to the grocery store in the evening lately and it's been dead too!! I just went to a superstore for the first time and was overwhelmed with how big they are! It's like a department store haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great and bust weekend! Look forward to reading about your race you speedy thing! Nice to luck out on SS being dead on a weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...