Friday, March 18, 2016

TGIF

Happy Friday everyone! So happy it's the weekend. And a long one for me since I am off today. Even better :)

The high of the week was getting our new diaper pail in the mail and obviously being off work today and spending it with Amelia :) I had bought an Ubbi diaper pail and it got super smelly! Alison mentioned to me that she had the same problem and after contacting the company, they sent her a replacement. That's exactly what I did as well and it arrived today. They have awesome customer service!

The low of the week was nothing really. Mr.D has started coaching rugby again, which means that he isn't getting home until close to 6:30pm now. That leaves me to feed Amelia, entertain her while trying to make dinner. She has been watching way too many cartoons, but that's life.

The book I'm reading is nothing currently. I just finished The Lake House by Kate Morton. I struggled to get into the book, but ended up liking it about half way through. Not sure I would recommend it to people though. Next up is Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova as part of Brie's book club. If you love reading, join in the fun here :)

The meals we had were:
  • Monday: leftovers
  • Tuesday: creamy spinach and sausage pasta- super yummy!
  • Wednesday: cilantro lime chicken drumsticks with coconut rice and stir fried peppers
  • Thursday: turkey and spinach quinoa casserole - I halfed the recipe as we didn't have enough quinoa. I also left out the onions (didn't have any) and added peas. It looked kind of iffy as I was making it, but it turned out really well!


This weekend we are going for dinner with friends tomorrow night and then I am running the Run for L'Arche on Saturday morning.

Have a great weekend everyone!

11 comments :

  1. I have heard mixed reviews about The Lake House so I might skip that book. My book club read Inside the O'Brien's in January and everyone really liked it! It made for a great discussion! I'm currently reading The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend, which is pretty good. Not sure I'd recommend it but it's been pretty entertaining and a lighter read.

    Good luck at your race this weekend! I hope you have an awesome race experience and that the weather is nice for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hoping someone else would read The Lake House so I could talk about it more! It took me a while to get into it too but I liked it in the end. Probably my favorite of her books, although that's not saying much because I didn't really like any of the others... Yet somehow still continue reading them! They have such a fairy tale quality - So unbelievable that that many coincidences could happen. Also - I don't think keeping the shell shock a secret was an adequate reason to give way your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m thinking about joining that book club. I've been off reading for a little while and need to get it back into my routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem with my pail!! What number did you call? Did you have to do anything aside from call? Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might have to try that pasta recipe! I'm reading that book too- hope I can get into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel guilty about Amelia watching cartoons. Sometimes, it's just all you can do to get supper on the table.

    Hope you have a great weekend and good luck at your race!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just signed up for the book club and put a hold on it at the library! Looking forward to discussing it.

    Hope you are enjoying your day off! That's tough that Mr D is home so late these days. I have to have easy to prep meals during the week or else dinner doesn't get on the table... Do what you have to do!

    See you tomorrow at the race!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck at your race this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I think you're the first person I've heard say they didn't like the Lake House! Most people I've talked to love that book! I am on the waitlist at the library for it but it's a lonngggg wait list so I don't expect to get it anytime soon! Have a great race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No child has ever been harmed because they had to watch cartoons while their mom made dinner ;) That creamy spinach pasta sounds delicious! Totally pinned it for later - I've loved everything I've made from her site so far!
    Thanks for the shoutout! (And glad you've joined!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I want your Wednesday meal like now! YUM

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...