Friday, April 15, 2016

Fitness Friday


Linking up with Kris for Fitness Friday- a great way to recap my workouts from the week.

Saturday April 9
  • 4km walk with Harley and Amelia
  • Orangetheory Fitness workout
Last Saturday, Brie organized a free class at the Orangetheory fitness location in Seton in exchange for our honest opinions. Jen and Brie both did very detailed and awesome recaps of what to expect from the class. You can find those posts here and here.

I had been to a class back in the fall, so I knew what to expect. Before our class, our instructor ran through all of the equipment and how the class would work. Each person wears a heart rate monitor, so she explained how to wear them and what you were striving for in the class. It was interesting at the end of the class to see how everyone's outcome was so different.

I love that the classes are broken up into a running and strength segment. I'm not the biggest fan of running on the treadmill, but I definitely pushed myself way harder than I would if I was doing it alone. The strength portion was great as well as my chest was super sore the next day! Our instructor was great- super motivating and was able to help guide us through the workout. I had to ask the instructor how to do one exercise as I was a bit unsure. 

At the end of the class, you receive an email with your performance summary. You can see how many minutes you spent in each zone and your total calorie burn.
The only negative aspect to OTF is the price. They don't do drop in classes and I am not able to make it to classes on the regular, so I wouldn't be able to do it.








Sunday April 10
  • 14km long run
    • 6k easy, 4k tempo (4:54, 4:54, 4:52 and 5:05), 4k easy

 


Monday April 11
  • 4km walk with Harley
  • sweats in the city week two workouts 2.1 and 2.2


Tuesday April 12
  • 9.41km run
    • 1km warm up/cool down
      2 min on/off x 6
      3 min on/off x 4

Wednesday April 13
  • sweats in the city week two workout 2.3
  • ab workout I found on IG 


Thursday April 14
  •  4km walk with Harley
  • 5.47km run at lunch
    • 1km warm up/cool down 
    • 1 on/ 1 off x 10

Tell me: how was your week of workouts/training?

5 comments :

  1. Awesome week of workouts lady! I am so disappointed that OTF doesn't do any drop ins. I really loved the workout and being able to push myself on the treadmill. I would NEVER do that on my own. Although, I do have a HRM so there's no reason why I couldn't use it for running. It's just nice having the extra push from group fitness classes.

    Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have reached out to Reem to inquire about punch passes because I'm sure it's an option from what I remember from the first time I went to OTF. But I still think it's pricey. I'd love to find a way to incorporate it though. Of course, I'd also love to just keep doing the classes with our group, haha! Great week of workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imma google this sweats and the city you speak of. I'm always looking for ways to switch things up and for moves I can easily do at home!

    Have a great weekend, Leigh! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try OT but the fact that they don't do drop ins makes it unlikely that I'll ever do it. Plus there aren't any conveniently located for me. But it sounds like an awesome workout! I tried a new workout class last week, too, called SolidCore. The class is done on a megaformer which is like the reformer used in pilates. It was HARD and I was sore for days! They had a 2 classes for $23 special so I am going again this Sunday. Besides that I went to yoga 4 times this week, 3 of which were sculpt classes which are such a great workout!

    Nice job, as always, on your workouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome week of workouts!

    Why do fun/interesting workouts have to be so pricey?? I would love to keep doing crossfit, but our only crossfit gym runs 165/month which is too spendy for me right now! It's too bad they don't do drop-ins, I wonder why that would be?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...