Monday, April 11, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Crap, it's Monday again. Why do they have to come so quickly?! Our weekend was good...a mix of family time and individual time. Let's see what we were up to:

{friday} I had the day off and Amelia went to the day home so I could have a 'me' day. After I helped get her ready for the day and out the door with Mr.D, I did a bunch of cleaning up around the house. I caught up on a couple shows before I headed out for a massage and a physio appointment. The massage was splendid and physio helped- luckily nothing is majorly wrong with my knee and it has been feeling good ever since. After both appointments, I picked up a couple groceries and then headed home. I went for a short run/walk with Harley and the knee felt good, but I was wearing crops that were driving me nuts! After I picked Amelia up, we didn't do too much for the rest of the night.

{saturday} the day started off super early at 5:20am...Amelia was up but went back to sleep until 5:45am. I went in and rocked her and she went back down until 6:15am- still so early! Luckily Mr.D got up with her and I got up around 7:30am. She was pretty cranky all morning and went down for a nap at 10am (she normally naps around 1:30pm). After she went down, I laid in bed and ended up falling asleep for well over an hour. Amelia got up around 12:30pm, and we headed out to take Harley for a walk. 


 
I left a cranky Amelia with Mr.D and headed down south to meet up with the blogger girls for a class at Orange Theory Fitness. It was fun! More to come later this week. After the class, we went for dinner at Phoenix Grill. Good food and fun chatting with everyone :) I drove Nicole home and then headed home myself. 



{sunday} in the morning, Mr.D and Justin went for their weekly bike date so Amelia and I headed out for groceries around 8:30am.  Best time to go as it wasn't busy at all! Once we were home, we played and put the groceries away. 




In the afternoon and after Mr.D was home, I headed out for my long run. My legs were feeling tired from the workout the day before, but I got it done. 




When I got home, Amelia had woken up early from her nap, so I went in to rock her. Luckily she fell back asleep and let me transfer her to her crib. We ended up having to wake her up around 4:30pm. We had chicken parm and pasta for dinner and Amelia went to town on it! Good thing we ditched her shirt before letting her dig in ;)




Tell me: how was your weekend?

10 comments :

  1. Perfect weekend! Glad your knee is all good and your training is going so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you took a day off to yourself! Yo deserve it :)
    I love grocery shopping first thing, so much more enjoyable when the store is not busy.
    Have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you took a 'me' day! A massage sounds wonderful - I really need to book one soon as I haven't had one since the end of 2015 and I try to have them every other month ideally so I'm overdue. I'm the physio appt went well and nothing is wrong with your knee! I love Amelia's outfit in one of the last photos where she's wearing red pants and a striped top. That's something I would wear! :)

    My weekend was pretty low key as I did not have much planned which was nice. I ran a bunch of errands, spent some time with a friend and her 5 month old baby and watched movies on Fri and Sat night with Phil. On Sunday I also tried a new exercise class at a place called "SolidCore." The class is done on a megaformer which is like the reformer used in pilates. It was SO hard as you did things like squats and lunches where one foot is on a stable surface and the other is on the carriage of the machine which slides back and forth. I'm sore today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun meeting you this weekend! Glad your physio got your knee issue all sorted out. They are miracle workers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for me time! I'm going for a massage tonight for the first time in like 8 years probably. I'm pretty excited to treat myself.

    I'm glad I got to see you for a bit on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like this weekend was the first time I've seen you in a long time! Glad you came out! I know the long drive made you North girls day much longer! ;) I can't say I've EVER been to the grocery store that early, but late evening shopping is also nice and quiet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice weekend! Love those messy face pictures. She is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear your knee is ok! The massage and "me day" must have been so nice. Looking forward to hearing more about your review of Orange Theory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mom - now grandmaApril 13, 2016 6:22 PM

    oh I can't wait to see that Amelia,,,, just a couple of weeks! Grandma needs a huge hug with messy faces

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pigtails! So cute! Happy that your knee is OK, and you had a good run despite tired legs. Looks like Amelia loves her spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...