Monday, April 18, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend here and we spent a lot of time outside. Makes me excited for the summer. 

{friday} after picking Amelia up from the day home, we headed home and had take out Vietnamese food. Neither of us felt like cooking at all. After Amelia went to bed, we caught up on shows and that was it.

someone thought he was a lap dog


{saturday} in the morning, Mr.D went biking with some co-workers so it was Amelia, Harley and I. We took him for a walk with a stop at the park. After we got home, we vacuumed,  made muffins and then spent lots of time outside since it was so nice. 



someone was hot
Amelia went down for a nap around 12:30pm, so I sat in the sunshine reading my book and enjoying the quiet :) Once Amelia was up from her two hour (!!) nap, her and Mr.D came outside while I did a workout and Mr.D cleaned his bike. 




We took a quick trip the park and then BBQ'd some hot dogs for dinner. We didn't do much after Amelia went to bed- we are so cool! ;)

{sunday} in the morning, Amelia and I went to get groceries. We went at 8:30am again and were in and out in 30 minutes- that never happens! I witnessed a young, single guy park in the expectant mom/mom with young kids parking spot. I so wanted to be like what the hell?!

We came home to put the groceries away and I headed out for my long run along the river. The pathways were so busy since it was a gorgeous day (pretty sure the temperature was over 20C).  

When I got back from my run, Amelia was just heading down for a nap, so I had a shower and then headed out to read my book in the sunshine again. I raked the grass (so much dead and dry grass) and did a couple other things around the house before Amelia got up (she had another two hour nap!). The rest of the day was spent taking Harley for a walk and facetimed/skyped with our parents.  



 
don't mind the crazy hair


Tell me: how was your weekend?

10 comments :

  1. This weather is so amazing! We spent a ton of time outdoors too and it has been doing wonders for long nap times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pathways were insanely busy yesterday but it made me so happy to see so many people out enjoying the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that fresh air that Amelia is getting must be helping her nap so well for you! Or maybe she is going through a growth spurt? Either way that's nice that she napped so well for you guys this weekend! It was gorgeous here as well. We did some yard work on Friday night and I went for a long walk on Saturday but besides that I wasn't outside as much as I probably should have been as I was busy with meal prep and packing. I made a lot of progress, though, which feels good as I have trips the next 3 weeks (1 fun, 2 for work) so it's nice to be ahead of schedule so I won't be around much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend. What book are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Amelia looks SO cute in that ball cap! I love little kids in hats. Fresh air definitely makes for better naps, I think! And I totally would have wanted to say something to that guy too, but I'm usually too chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this weather!! Though I am not outside as much as I would like.
    I hate when people park in parent parking and do not have kids. Grrr.
    Yay for good naps!! Amelia is looking so grown up these days, I need to plan a visit to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know everyone has said it already, but the weather truly is so amazing!! We spent the day gardening and working on our deck :)
    Baxter also thinks he is a lap dog from time to time, although Harley looks much bigger! How much does he weigh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fantastic weekend outside!!! We were lucky with warm weather too!! I think around Amelia's age now is when Niah transitioned to 2 hour naps!! So hopefully she keeps it up for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those muffins look really good! And I love Amelia's trucker hat, So Cute!
    I am so ready for some nice weather - We had a late spring snow this week that ruined all the daffodils. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an awesome weekend. This weather makes everything better. Harley is s funny and Amelia just gets cuter!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...