Thursday, April 7, 2016

Thinking out loud Thursday #4


I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday. Join in on the fun :)

1. 'me' days

I have my next earned day off on Friday and decided to take a 'me' day. After Mr.D and Amelia leave, I plan on getting back into bed and reading or possibly falling back asleep. In the late morning I have a massage appointment and that's about it. Looking forward to it!

2. Curls

I tried curling my hair the other day using the wand (I usually use a flat iron) and they turned out pretty well! I really want to master the beachy/ loose waves, but can't quite get them. I also really want to buy a texture spray- anyone use one that they really like?  


3. Piercings 

I have three piercings in each of my ears, but only wear earrings in the bottom holes. I can't remember the last time I wore earrings in them and they have never closed up. But gunk gets in the holes- why does that gunk smell? Same with toe nails- why do they smell? Please tell me I'm not the only one who has noticed this. 

4. Cavities

I have to go to the dentist this morning to have a cavity (okay, maybe two) filled. Lame. I really hate the dentist and am not looking forward to this at all. 


That's all I've got for today- happy Thursday everyone!

7 comments :

  1. The curls look great on you! I wish I was more skilled with the curling iron but every time I try to curl my hair, it looks awful. I am just not great at girly things (including make-up). But I have been wearing my hair more naturally curly lately so at least that gives me a slightly different look!

    And hooray for taking a 'me' day - I love that you are doing that. I hope you have a wonderful day! A massage sounds wonderful - I really need to book one for myself after my move in May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curls look great!! I bought a curling wand several months back (when my hair was still long) and I did prefer the looser waves over the flatiron. The only problem for me, since I have such fine hair, is the curling wand curls didn't hold as well into the next day. Also a bit more time consuming, but worth it most days! I don't use a texturizing spray, but I probably should!

    I was thinking last night we need to have another movie/dinner night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much work and it never stays for long (damn Chinese genes), but I love it when my hair is curled. I dream of having Sandra Oh's hair, lol. Your curls look great and I'm totally jealous!

    Haha - I hear yah on the ear hole gunk! I'm pretty sure it's just because stuff gets trapped in there (it is a hole, afterall) and it just gets funky. I have holes in my lobes that I never put jewellery in and the same thing happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck at the dentist - I HATE the dentist! Have fun on your "me" day, we need those every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad about the dentist. I'm pretty sure I'll need a cavity filled at my next apt.
    Your hair looks great! And a "me day" sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for "me" days!!
    Your hair looks great. I really struggle to curl my own hair but I wish I did it more often because the same straight old hair for the last ten years is really getting old lol
    I agree with piercing hole gunk smelling, so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Your comment about the ear hole smell is funny. Try sticking your finger in your belly button. Yuck. I don't know what's up with the smell...probably the fact that dust and oil and whatnot just sit in there for a long time; the mix gets funky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...