Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Catching up

I feel like I blinked and it's Wednesday already! Let's rewind to last week and do a little catching up.

{friday} I had the day off, so Amelia and I met up with Brie, Nicole and Alison (and kids of course!) at the zoo. It wasn't the greatest days weather wise, but we still had fun seeing all of the animals and catching up with the girls. Amelia fell asleep close to when we were leaving the zoo, and she stayed asleep when I transferred her from stroller to car to crib! 




After Amelia got up from her nap, we took Harley for a walk and spent the rest of the afternoon playing at home.


My mom flew in that night, so I picked her up from the airport and we caught up a bit before heading to bed.

{saturday} in the morning, I ran the 15k race at eye ball the wall (full race report coming tomorrow). My mom, Mr.D and Amelia met me at the finish line, which was awesome. After the race, we stopped for lunch at the Lazy Loaf and Kettle and then headed home so Amelia could have a nap. In the late afternoon, Mr.D and I went to check out two houses in our neighbourhood- we loved the one, but it's just a bit above what we want to spend. Otherwise, everything else we loved about it. That night after Amelia was in bed, we started watching Sicario but were all too tired to finish it. Party animals we are ;)



{sunday} Mr.D went biking with a friend in the morning, so we took Harley for a walk in Bowness Park. It was a gorgeous morning! Amelia ended up falling asleep on the walk, so we sat and chatted while she slept. 




The house we liked had an open house, we went back with my mom so she could see it too. Still love it! The rest of the day was spent hanging out in the backyard since it was so nice out.




{monday} I took the day off since my mom was here, so we went to Costco and Wal-Mart in the morning. When we got back, Amelia went down for a two hour nap which meant we got to sit in the sunshine reading and hanging out. When Amelia was up, we spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard playing with bubbles and her new toys that grandma bought. 





My mom left on Tuesday afternoon, so I took her to the airport in the morning and then headed into work. Our visit went too quickly, but Amelia loved having her here. Only one more month and we will be heading to Ontario to see her and my family. 
 

8 comments :

  1. I love Amelia's last outfit! I just bought some pants that are a similar color! That's great that your mom came to visit but I can see how it went too fast. I get to see my parents and some siblings this weekend which I am excited about as I haven't seen 2 of my nephews and my niece since christmas. It will be a jam packed weekend though as I fly back from the work trip I am on late Thursday night, move the rest of my stuff into Phil's on Friday and then my family is here on Saturday. They aren't staying with us though thank goodness! Then my surgery is on Monday. I am trying not to think too much about everything I need to do between now and Monday because it gives me too much anxiety!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! I can totally relate to being a "party animal" - I opted on Saturday night to stay home and watch Netflix instead of going to a party a bunch of my friends were going to. And then I ended up falling asleep on the couch at about 9:30. What a wild night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a nice time with your mom, even if the visit was short. But nice that you will be flying out to see her soon! I'm so nosey and now I want to know which house you're in love with, haha ;) See you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting to be able to see your mom again soon! Can't believe how big she is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been looking at houses too - Saw a great one Sunday too that was a little too $$, and another one Tuesday that might be perfect! Exciting and scary!
    Glad you have a fun visit with your mom! Looking forward to your race recap, Hope the 15K went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice that your mom came to visit.

    I'm looking forward to seeing you this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you guys were house hunting! Fun! We are getting ready to start that whole process over again too. I'm both excited about it and dreading it at the same time... So much fun but also so much work and so expensive to buy a house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome visit with your Mom. So nice she can come visit and you guys will be there soon too! Excited for you guys to be looking at home, it's so fun. Just not the packing and moving part. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...