Monday, May 23, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday! I'm not complaining too much about it being Monday as it's a long weekend and I'm not at work today :) Besides the weather being absolutely terrible (it snowed yesterday!), it was a great weekend. Let's see what we were up to:

[friday]  Mr.D had a work event in the evening, so it was just Amelia and I. We had a fun time playing (she loves crawling all over the bed and loves it if you drop her on it or pretend to wrestle with her) before it was bed time for her. Once she was in bed, I watched some tv and then laid in bed finishing watching season one of Departures. I've seen them all before, but I started watching them again on Netflix when I was sick earlier this week. 



[saturday] Mr.D did get home until late, so I was up with Amelia at 6:15am. She was luckily pretty happy and content hanging out on the couch watching tv with me. Once Mr.D got up, I went back to bed for an hour before he had to head out to get a hair cut. Amelia threw an epic tantrum over nothing (well, I noticed on Friday night that she has another molar coming through so that may be part of it) and once I finally got her calmed down, she fell asleep on me around 10am. I transferred her to her crib, and she ended up sleeping until 12:40pm. While she was sleeping, I headed out for my last long run before the Calgary half marathon next weekend. It luckily wasn't raining, but it was SUPER windy on the way back. 


We didn't do much else for the rest of the day since it was so crappy out. Amelia and Mr.D hung out reading bike mags, and lots of playing. 
 

I left before Amelia went to bed to meet up with a bunch of the ladies for dinner at Cibo. We somehow forgot to get a group picture! It was crazy loud in there, but the food was so good! After dinner, a couple of us headed to a bar/pub nearby for a drink. We all felt super old in there as the music was super loud, so we left by 11pm.

[sunday]  Mr.D let me have a sleep in, so I was up around 8:15am which was wonderful. It was snowing when I got up, so we had a pretty lazy morning while Mr.D worked on his bike. We made some banana muffins and then I let Amelia paint for the first time. It wasn't as messy as I was envisioning as she wanted to use the brush more than her hands. 



Amelia went down for a nap around 11:15am, so I hopped into bed and ended up falling asleep for a while. In the afternoon, we wanted to get out of the house, so we headed to the mall to wander around and let Amelia play in the play area. We made a couple stops on our way home and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening hanging out.

We don't have any plans for today, so looking forward to spending time with Amelia and Mr.D, and getting some stuff done around the house before another work week starts.

Tell me: how was your weekend?

8 comments :

  1. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend! Amelia's pigtails are too cute. :-)
    The highlights from my weekend are: an 8-mi trail run Saturday morning (first of the summer!), took a 1.5 hr nap Saturday afternoon (hooray!) and a family outing to get ice cream. We looked at another house for sale in our neighborhood too... We just can't decide to move or not! I guess we'll keep looking and maybe the perfect house will come along - If such a thing exists!
    Do you feel ready for the half marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bummer that the weather was so gross for you guys this weekend. Seems typical for a long weekend in May, though. Ours is next weekend and I have low expectations! We had gorgeous weather here, though, so I soaked up as much fresh air and vitamin D as I could. It was a low key weekend, though, as my only social plans were getting coffee with a friend on Saturday afternoon and grilling with friends on Saturday night. It was so nice on Saturday night so we had a fire after dinner and made s'mores which were delicious! I had to skip the graham cracker part but they were still delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost think forgetting to take photos means you're just having a great time and really in the moment. Sad I missed out! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Hope that silly tooth is popped through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice low key weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Are Mr. D and Amelia going to come cheer you on again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe we forgot a photo either! It's like the night never even happened now ;) As much as the weather sucked this weekend, it was kind of nice to just stay close to home and relax (and catch up on home projects). And I still got to see you twice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha those pigtails! So cute! Seeing you girls share your family moments kinda makes me want a family of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather really put a damper on outside plans this weekend! Sounds like you guys made the best of it and you all had some quality family/alone time.

    Cibo is so loud! I wish I could have come. What bar did you go to afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun weekend! Too bad the weather was no good. Glad you are feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...