Monday, May 30, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! We had a great weekend- full of family time, and exercise. I'm off today so looking forward relaxing and getting a massage.

[friday] after work, I stopped at the library to pick up a book and then got my bangs cut quickly. After Amelia went down for the night, I ran to the mall to return some stuff to Old Navy and look around. I found these jeans at Dynamite that fit so well, but just wasn't a huge fan of the whisking (is that what it's called?) on the thighs. Sigh.

[saturday] in the morning, Mr.D headed out for his bike date with Justin. Amelia and I headed down to the Stampede grounds for the we run social meet up and to pick up my race package. We hung out for a bit with the ladies, and then headed home. Amelia went down for a 2.5 hour nap, so I read and hung out while she napped. Mr.D's parent's got here for a visit in the afternoon as well. 



Mr.D and I left around 3:30pm to go look at a couple houses with our realtor. One had potential, but the backyard was not good (it was small and terraced which isn't good for kids). The other two were absolute no's. After looking at houses, we headed out for dinner at Original Joe's (my in-laws watched Amelia) and then we had time to kill, so we went for a walk in Bowness Park. It was such a gorgeous night out! We still had time to kill before heading home (we wanted to come back after Amelia was in bed), so we stopped at Home Depot for some flowers. Aren't we so exciting ;)

I told him he wasn't being fun, so I made him pose instead haha



[sunday] I was up bright and early to run the Calgary half marathon, but I'll do a race recap tomorrow. Mr.D and his dad (& Harley) came down to the finish line, which was nice! Amelia had an epic meltdown as they were getting ready to head out, so my MIL stayed at home with her. My in-laws left shortly after we got back from the race, so Mr.D and I laid in bed as Amelia was sleeping. 

In the afternoon, Mr.D headed out for another bike ride, so I took Amelia and Harley for a walk. We came home to play in the backyard and ride her trike. Amelia had another epic melt down (we think she wasn't feeling great yesterday as she has a bit of a cold), which is always a fun time. The rest of the day was spent just hanging out relaxing and rolling my legs.





Tell me: how was your weekend? 

10 comments :

  1. Looks like a great weekend! Can't wait to hear how your race went! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend minus the meltdowns. I'm jealous of your date night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful weekend. can't wait to read your recap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read your recap although I know you KILLED IT!! Congrats again on your PR!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job on the race!!! I need to decide between working my tail off to PR at a half or run another full in Phoenix in Feb... 5 minutes is huge to shave off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great weekend. So great seeing you on Saturday and Sunday. Congrats on such a great race!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend, aside from the epic meltdowns. ;) It's tough when kids aren't feeling well! We witnessed some pretty good meltdowns this weekend, too, as my niece is 2 and VERY strong willed. Good thing she's so cute! :) Our weekend was really fun. We went to a baseball game on Friday night to celebrate Phil's mom's birthday and then headed to the lake for the weekend. It was awesome seeing family but the best part was weening myself off crutches by the end of the weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely some toddler meltdowns here too (I think the kids are getting sick too, It doesn't seem right to be sick in summer!!!) but otherwise we had a nice weekend. Looking forward to your race recap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So the house search is on?? What areas are you looking at? Small terraced back yards are the worst with kids. Hope your search doesn't last as long as ours is;)

    Oh the meltdowns... looking forward to the end of those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an awesome weekend! YAY for date night!! But boo to meltdowns. I hope the house hunting gets better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...