Thursday, May 26, 2016

Thinking Out Loud Thursday #7


Happy Thursday everyone! I'm linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.

1. Race day

Holy moly, race day is coming quickly! I did my last run yesterday and I felt good. It was 5K tempo with 1km warm up and cool down. My tempo kilometers were: 4:52, 4:48, 5:00, 4:53, 4:56. Just need to tell my brain that I can do this and that I can push through the hard parts on Sunday.

Can everyone cross their fingers for no rain? I don't mind if it's chilly, but could do without pouring rain.

2. Recent buys

I just don't have the time to go to the mall to go shopping, so I ordered some stuff online from Old Navy. I'm hit or miss without trying stuff on, but did find two cute dresses. I got this one and this one in grey. 

I really want a pair of the perfectly ripped jeans- anyone have a pair that they love?

3. Things that make me unusually happy

Our toilets have had stains on them for a while and no matter how much I cleaned them, I couldn't get them fully clean. I was at Home Depot to pick up a couple other things and saw a product called Lime Out. I figured it was worth a shot and guess what? Barely any scrubbing and the toilets look so clean and sparkling! You don't understand how happy this makes me.

Tell me: something random or something that makes you happy

10 comments :

  1. I hope those dresses work out for you! They are really cute. Good luck on your race this weekend. Even if its raining, you will rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for no rain this weekend!! I find I am hit or miss too from Old Navy - the sizing never seems that consistent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like a pair of Madewell jeans I bought recently and I know they have a ripped version. They are kinda pricy though but I've heard people have had luck finding them on Thredup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fairly sure the weather is going to be fine on Sunday, looks like any rain has moved to the evening (currently!) Nothing to worry about. Seeing Calgary Elvis out there singing is going to make me happy! Have a great race.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck at your race on Sunday! I bet you will surprise yourself with how well you will do! There's just something magical about racing. I remember when I was training for the Victoria Half, we did a 4 mile tempo run at half marathon pace and I remember thinking there was no way I could do that for 13.1 miles, and then I ended up running even FASTER at the race. You are in great shape and will do great!

    Something that makes me happy is knowing that my garden is planted. I can't wait to enjoy fresh produce later this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I'll have to try that Lime Out product! I get frustrated with things not being sparkling clean sometimes too haha! Good luck Sunday! I wish I was able to run with you but I'll have to rain check b/c of my silly back! I have NO DOUBT you'll crush it and I can't wait to watch you cross the finish line!!

    Those dresses are super cute! I have a pair of ripped "Rock star" jeans from Old Navy and LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha you're hilarious! Silly things make me really happy too. Stains on the toilet are the worst, so I can understand how that made you happy. Our house in BC had bad stains and I tried the Coke trick in the toilet bowl but it didn't really work lol.

    You are going to rock your race no matter the weather! Seriously, you are clearly prepared, you've been rocking all your training runs! I know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to totally crush this race no matter what the weather does. You've trained hard and are so speedy! I can't wait to cheer you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for clean toilets!! :) You'll totally kick butt at this race for sure!! Just don't think too much. ;) Cute dresses. I am too lazy to drag the kids to the mall too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mom - now grandmaMay 27, 2016 6:05 AM

    You are amazing and will run this race and still want to run,,,, things that make me randomly happy....
    i get the toilet thing,,,,getting the lawn mower to start on one pull. run like the wind Leigh - and can't believe you are coming in just two weeks... dancing with happiness

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...