Monday, June 6, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

I sat down last night to write this post around 9pm and think it was the first time I really sat down all weekend! We managed to cram in a lot of stuff this weekend. 

[friday] after work, I stopped at the library to return a book and pick up two more (the next one for Brie's book club). I headed home and we picked up some pizza for dinner. Once Amelia was in bed, I started to paint the columns around our front porch and along the garage. They were looking worn and needed to be done. I think I finished around 9:45pm and it was pretty much straight to bed!

[saturday]  in the morning, I put a coat of paint on the front and back door (they needed to be done as well) before we headed out to look at a couple houses. One was a major no, one was okay but not quite perfect, and one was perfect. It was above our budget, but decided to put an offer in on it to see if we could get them to come down. We ended up hearing back on Sunday morning that they rejected our offer and also wanted a way shorter possession date, which didn't work for us. Onto the next one!

After looking at houses, we came home to have lunch, play outside and then Amelia went down for a nap. While she was sleeping, I put another coat of paint on the doors - not sure why, but they ended up looking like sh*t so I was super frustrated.  





What else did we do? Took Harley for a walk, planted the flowers we bought last weekend and then Justin came over to have a BBQ with us. After Amelia was in bed, I mowed the grass and then cleaned the floors. Productive day! 

[sunday] I had a wonderful sleep-in and got up just before Mr.D left for his bike date with Justin. Amelia and I headed to Home Depot to pick up some different paint- all was going well until she had a freak out in the store. That was fun ;) After we got home, we played outside before she went down for a nap around 10:50am (she ended up sleeping for 2 hours and 15 mins!). While she was napping, I repainted the front door with the new paint, and did a workout in the sunshine.




Once Mr.D got home, I quickly ran to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. When I got back, I put the groceries away and we headed out for a bike ride with Amelia.  She wasn't a huge fan of the helmet, but some raisins made her happy. She ended falling fast asleep towards the end of our ride- it was so cute!





Something exciting is that Amelia has finally started walking way more the past couple of days! It's like she realized that she could and now she won't stop. Love it!

Tell me: how was your weekend?

10 comments :

  1. Did I miss a post that she is now walking, or is she just standing on the deck? Haha! Looks like a nice, sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very productive weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Amelia!! Sounds like a decent weekend. Too bad the offer didn't go through on the house. What area are you looking at?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia is looking like a little girl now instead of a baby! Crazy! I love her pirate ship water table! What happened with the first paint that make the door like crappy? Hope the second choice worked out! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really fun & active weekend! How great that Amelia is walking more - So cute!
    We had a pretty nice weekend - Took the kids to the pool for the first time this summer (and Abel's first trip ever!) and a long trail run for me on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no - what happened with your door? What colour did you paint it? Boo your offer was not accepted but just means it is not the right house, I think we made 4 offers before getting the house we did!
    I was going to comment that Amelia is doing great walking (Snapchat) and you found a water table!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We can commiserate over rejected offers together :(

    Yay Amelia and walking!! I need to follow you on SC! I love that photo of her on the deck with Harley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sucks about the house! I feel your pain. But when it's meant to be, it will all work out!

    Yay on Amelia walking! I was going to comment on your snaps about it. And you were worried she'd never walk....haha! ;) Sully hated his helmet last summer, and it was impossible to find one small enough that didn't ride down on his eyes when he was in the chariot. Thank goodness it fits this summer and he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you did pack a lot into your weekend! I bet you were exhausted by the time Sunday night rolled around. I hope that you guys find a house you like soon. The home buying process is so stressful, especially when you have to consider how fast you could sell your house (assuming you'd need to sell before you could buy). I hope you guys find something soon!

    That is exciting that Amelia is walking!

    My weekend was great. I kind of overdid it on Saturday as I went to the gym, did a bunch of chores around my house, installed the fence at my garden and then went to a bbq at the end of the day. I was in quite a bit of pain on Saturday night so learned my lesson. I'm so anxious to be back to 100% but I know I have to give myself more time to recover. So on Sunday I made a point to relax in the afternoon and evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy moly you had a busy weekend! I admire your dedication to getting all your house stuff done. I hate doing stuff around the house haha. That's too bad the house fell through :( Hopefully you find another perfect one soon!! My last two weekends were really busy as we were away and this weekend will be busy as I have 3 family events to go to but then the rest of June should be quieter which I really really really need right now haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...