Monday, June 27, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! We had a great weekend, but lots of stuff going on. Let's see what we were up to:

[friday] after work on Friday, I went to get my hair done. I usually love what my hair dresser does, but I ended up not liking it this time. I ended up going in to talk to her on Saturday (I hate feeling like I am hurting someone's feelings!), and am going in on Monday to redo it. 

I got home just as Amelia was going to bed, so I had a quick cuddle before she went down. Once she was down, I headed out for a walk with Harley.

[saturday] in the morning, Mr.D ran to a bike shop before heading out to the Tool Shed Brewery tour with Justin. While he was doing that, I took Harley and Amelia for a walk, and then we just hung out at home until Amelia went down for a nap. While she was napping, I may have had one myself- it was glorious!



In the late afternoon once Mr.D was home, I headed out for my long run in between the rain showers. I lucked out and it only rained on me for the last kilometer. It was actually nice as it was super muggy out! Once I got home, we had a quick dinner and then Amelia headed to bed. We watched a few episodes of OITNB before heading to bed ourselves.

[sunday] I got up shortly after Amelia and Mr.D got up as I had a bunch of stuff to get done before heading to brunch with the blogging ladies. I had a shower, did some laundry, vacuumed, and cleaned the floors (aka got sh*t done!!). I headed out around 9:30am to meet up with Alison as we were driving to Red Deer for the brunch together. Brunch was at West Lake Grill at Heritage Ranch and it was delicious! So much food. Thanks again to Becky and Lindsey for organizing it :)

While we were in Red Deer, Mr.D got groceries and then had a play date at the mall with Justin and Delainey. Haha those two!  

I got home around 3:30pm and quickly changed, and headed out for a run with Harley and Amelia. Oh man, my legs were dead after my 14km run on Saturday! I did 6kms with them and then dropped them off and finished off my run with four more kms. As soon as I got home, we did the switcheroo and Mr.D headed out for bike ride with Justin (they didn't get enough time together this weekend, haha!).

Just like that, another weekend is over!

Tell me: how was your weekend?

7 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you came up for brunch. It was so nice to see everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed my favourite brunch place.

    I love Mr. D and Justin's relationship, hahaha, boyfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bummer that you weren't happy with how your hair turned out. It is hard to go back and talk to the stylist but hair cuts are not cheap and you should be happy with it! I'm sure you are not the first person who has come back and asked for some changes. I hope you are happier with it after you leave tonight!

    Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I love that the boys planned a play date while the girls were at brunch! My weekend was really great. We had a double w/ another couple on Friday, my nephew came and spent the evening with us on Saturday and on Sunday I went to the gym and then spent most of the rest of the day outside doing things like reading, yard work, and gardening. It was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What don't you like about your hair? I need mine done BAD. I agree I hate telling them when you are not happy, but it is not cheap so we better be happy! Hope you like it more today :)
    SO happy you came down, it was way too long not seeing you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What don't you like about your hair? I need mine done BAD. I agree I hate telling them when you are not happy, but it is not cheap so we better be happy! Hope you like it more today :)
    SO happy you came down, it was way too long not seeing you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you liked your hair better after the 2nd apt yesterday! I'm getting mine done Thurs and can't decide if I should do something new or same old same old.
    Amelia and her stuffed animals! So cute. Swede is exactly the same way. Her latest favorite thing to do is line them all up on the stairs and then give each one some play food to eat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm shocked Brian will watch OITNB with you! Also, man you were productive Sunday morning!! How do you do it?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amelia's hair is getting so long! J and I watched the whole new season of OITNB in 3 days, haha! That is so fun that all the blogging girls got together. Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...