Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Is this thing on?


Well, I definitely didn't meant to take such a long blogging break, but that's what happened. A week turned into a month and a month turned into almost two months. I wanted to blog at times, but also had zero desire to. I've still been reading and commenting every now and then too.

Let's do a quick recap of what we have been up to since July:

  • I've mentioned it a few times on IG (and I think the blog), but we had been searching for a new house for a couple of months. Well, almost three months later we have purchased a new home! Our main criteria were a quieter street, a bonus room, a finished basement (or the right price to finish it ourselves if it wasn't already done). We luckily found the perfect one for us and take possession at the end of November. 
  • Our house went on the market a week after we purchased our new house, and it conditionally sold within 4 days! The conditions were finally waived on Saturday and we were so relieved! So happy not to have a super clean house and have to be out of the house for hours at time with Harley and Amelia. 
  • at the beginning of August, we spent a week in Penticton, BC with Brian's family {also way to lazy to use Mr.D anymore. Blog readers meet Brian, Brian meet blog readers}. It was a lot of fun!
  • I ran the Edmonton half marathon and had a super crappy race. It was a hot morning and my legs/brain said no. Oh well, still crossed another finish line!
  • My younger brother and his girlfriend came out for a visit from Ontario and spent almost a week with us. We went for a hike, checked out St. Patrick's Island, the boys went to a concert and for a bike ride. It was nice to have them here!





Tell me: what was the highlight of your summer?

13 comments :

  1. A huge congrats on both finding a house AND selling yours! Four days on the market is crazy-fast! That's so great and such a huge relief. I was so glad in a way to take ours off of the market because keeping it clean with two kids and two dogs was mentally exhausting, never mind trying to find some place to hide with all four of them during showings.

    I think the best highlight of our summer was being able to visit friends that we haven't seen in over a year!

    Oh, and "Hiiiiii, Brian!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house. That's pretty amazing to sell so fast. Some houses in our neck of the woods are up for sale for ages! Is it in the same area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are back! I have missed your posts and have been wondering how you are doing. I can see why you took some time away from blogging, though, as you've had a lot going on between buying and selling your house - and keeping up with a busy toddler! I'm sorry to hear that your 1/2 didn't go as well as you were hoping. I know how that stings as I had the same experience at the Twin Cities marathon last October. It's tough to work so hard and then have a race that doesn't go like you want it to. I'm confident you'll achieve your goals, though!

    I can't wait to see pictures of your new home!!

    Let's see, the highlight of my summer was probably the week I took off in July and spent at the lake with my family and Phil (although he was only there for the weekend since he had to work). I have to say that my thoughts on how this summer went have been completely clouded by how awful August was for me since I was so sick (and am still not feeling well). So as much as I love summer, I'm ready for a new season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the blog world! You've had a fun and exciting summer for sure. Congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love Penticton!! And I need to get back into the blogging world too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have had such an awesome and busy summer! Congrats on finding a new house AND selling your old one - I bet that is such a huge relief!! The highlight of my summer was the weekend Eric and I rented a little cabin on the lake and had no cell service. It was the best weather we had all summer and we just had such a nice time hanging out together after a very busy summer of family stuff and moving into our own place. Now we are house shopping too! I don't know if we will end up buying before spring though... we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Leigh!
    & congrats on the new house!
    & you totally look like some sort of a running goddess in that last photo, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's alive! ;) Congrats again on buying and selling houses! You had a crazy busy summer, even without adding all the showings to the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on finding a new home; I sold my Guelph condo a year ago and am STILL looking for a new one. Apparently, they don't come up for sale very often anymore...
    Being out in AB/Montana was definitely the highlight of my summer. And then moving from temporary apt 1 in Simcoe (boo) to temporary apt 2 in London (much better).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Back! I've missed you. :-)
    Congratulations on the new house! We are also in the process of buying a new house, hopefully will close mid-October. We had many of the same criteria as you - A quieter street and a bonus room/extra bedroom. Now we both have the fun prospect of packing/moving to look forward to! Oh well, It'll be great once we're settled in the new place.
    Too bad about the Edmonton Half M, Are you planning to do another one this fall?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops, I see this is the welcome back post haha!! Disregard my question on today's post haha. Can't wait to see pics of the new house!! At least you have lots of time to pack!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, welcome back!! :) And hello Brian! Have you guys ever watched the show Mr D? It's a Canadian show (east coast) and about this ridiculous teacher. Seeing "Mr D" on here makes me laugh. Can't wait to see your new house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen a post from you in a while. How exciting about the new house! And your house sold so quickly, that's awesome. Definitely makes it less stressful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...