Monday, September 19, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

I have a feeling this recap might be kind of lame as our weekend was quiet, but that's okay. Sometimes having a quiet weekend with no plans is nice!

[friday] neither of us felt like cooking, so we got some Vietnamese take out and hung out after Amelia went to bed. Pretty sure I fell asleep on the couch at 9pm! Party animals.

[saturday] Brian let me have a sleep in and once I got up, he made us pancakes for breakfast. Later that morning, I ran to check out the kids toy and clothing sale that was happening in our neighbourhood. It ended up being a bust as barely any people had signed up and it's usually packed and crazy. When I got back, we headed out to check out the harvest festival that our neighbourhood puts on. There was lots of people there and Amelia wasn't a fan of being able to see the blow up slide, and that there was a huge line up for it. It's tough being a toddler ;) She was getting grumpy, so we decided to head home. 


Haha we were playing in her room, and I covered her in blankets while in her crib. Then tucked her in with her stuffed animals



When Amelia went down for a nap, I cleaned my bathroom and then did a workout. We didn't do much after Amelia went to bed- starting watching Six Feet Under. Weird to see the actor from Dexter and Parenthood in it.

[sunday] in the morning, Brian went to get groceries so Amelia and I hung out while I cleaned and vacuumed the house. When Brian got back, I took Harley for a 5k run in the sunshine. When Amelia went down for her nap (she ended up sleeping for 2h40mins!), I had some lunch and then crawled into bed myself. Brian headed out for a bike ride with Justin around 3:30pm. Once Amelia was up from her nap, we went to the park for a quick play time before heading home to make delicious chicken pot pie for dinner. 




Tell me: how was your weekend?

5 comments :

  1. Mmmm chicken pot pie sounds amazing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm what Becky said! I just pinned a recipe for slow cooker chicken pot pie soup/stew that I cannot wait to make!

    Sounds like a great weekend - yay for super long naps!! Love that last photo of Amelia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, pot pie sounds so good! I haven't had that in ages since there's not really an easy way to make GF pot pie since it's tough to come by GF crusts that would work for it. But I did make a pot pie with dumplings for a topping instead of pie crust and that was good - I should track down that recipe and make it again this fall!

    My weekend was pretty jam-packed and not very relaxing but it was good to have a busier/more active weekend after many weekends of having to take it so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a such a super low-key (and in a boring, not a laid-back relaxing way) weekend that I couldn't bear to write about it.
    Chicken pot pie sounds really good. I was just making a list of all the fall/winter meals I want to make and that's definitely going on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can come over and have Amelia jump in our bounce house, it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...