Wednesday, October 26, 2016

30th Birthday Post - Brian

Once again its that time where I do my best to try to convey through words how important Leigh is to me, and once again I am sure I won't make it close to getting it right. To Leigh, I apologize. To her readers, I'm sorry that you will never get to know how amazing Leigh really is.

This was taken pretty much one year ago, and look how young she looks!! So much has changed in this last year with this beauty, so much maturing. And Amelia has changed a whole bunch too :)

What I really love about this photo is how natural Leigh is as a mother. She has adapted to the role of "mom" so seamlessly that it amazes me. Look how happy Leigh is, and how happy Amelia is. Its crazy how Leigh can put her arms around Amelia and Amelia is comforted to contentment. When I would try to comfort Amelia it usually resulted in screaming and reaching for mommy. It was hard for Leigh, so hard, to barely have any time to herself. And it was so hard for me, to not be wanted by my baby, and to not be able to give relief to my wife. Now, a lesser person would complain, and whine, and begin to resent being needed. But Leigh would take her every time, and every time Amelia would smile, calm down, and be content. 

This year has gone by so fast. It seems like a couple months ago I was sitting at this keyboard, typing away at the last birthday post, but so much has happened since then. Not major, big Europe trip type stuff, but the little things we use to judge the advancement of our lives. 

Amelia has developed so much it is unbelievable. She seemed like such a big girl when she pulled herself up for the first time, and every time she does something new I think "wow, she is getting so big/so old/so independent. The number of "first time" events that have happened in the last year is staggering.

With advancement comes challenges, and once again Leigh is there to take on those challenges. Does Leigh do everything perfectly? Absolutely not! Mistakes are made and learned from. But does Leigh do everything with love as the most important motivating factor? She absolutely does. The love between Leigh and Amelia is palpable, and I wish I could bottle it up and use it whenever I feel sad or lonely, because just a pinch of Leigh's love is enough to get anyone through anything.


Look at how happy Amelia is, it fills my heart to see the love between these two.

I have a beautiful wife, who has made with me a beautiful family. I am lucky to have her in my life, and love her to death. And I am willing to accept that I am no longer married to a girl in her twenties. I am married to a woman/mom/amazing 30 year old, who will always make me laugh and make me feel loved.


Mi Familia

Well, that's all from me this year, I'm sure you will hear from me next year.

-Brian

10 comments :

  1. Yesssss!! Another awesome post by Brian!! What a perfect description of Leigh and her love for those around her, especially her family! Happy Birthday Leigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I love that you wrote this Brian. Leigh is a beautiful soul and I count myself very lucky to be her friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have known better than to read this post at work. All the tears. Happy birthday, Leigh! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post! Happy Birthday Leigh! You are a lucky girl in so many ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, How sweet. :-)
    Happy Birthday Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I love how Brian does these posts! I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and I'm feel very fortunate to have met and connected with you and to call you my good friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, this is the sweetest post. I imagine this is the best gift that Leigh receives each year. I commend Brian for being the kind of guy that can be so open with his emotions! Not every guy is like that (actually most aren't in my opinion). Leigh is a such a great person so I am not surprised by the words in this post. I hope she had a super special day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, this is so sweet! Happy Birthday, Leigh! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw I love these posts. SO sweet. You really are amazing and I am so glad Brian writes these posts each year. So special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These annual letters from Brian are so sweet. They are going to be so special to look back on down the road - and for your kids to look back on down the road! Hope you had an AMAZING and super special 30th birthday Leigh <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...