Monday, October 17, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

For not having any plans this weekend, we had a good one!  Let's rewind to last Thurday:

{thursday} that night, I went to a surf set class that Alison was teaching. Don't worry, I asked her first and promised I'd pretend not to know her. She had no reason to be nervous as she taught a challenging class and seemed so natural at it.

{friday} I had the day from work, so Amelia went to the dayhome so I could get some packing done. After Brian and her left in the morning, I laid in bed catching up on the RHOC and then started the Justin Timberlake documentary on Netflix. Finally got some motivation and started to pack. I think I got 8-10 boxes done, and still have a bunch more to do. In the afternoon, I went to take Harley for a run, but my stomach had other plans once we left, so it ended up being a bunch of walking. Brian and Amelia got home around 4pm and neither of us felt like cooking, so we picked some pizza and hung out for the night.

Just hanging out eating cheerios without clothes
{saturday} we had zero plans for the day, so we decided to go check out a place called Bro'kin Yolk for breakfast.  We got there around 8:30am and didn't have to wait at all. The food was good, but not sure it was that good for the price (it's a bit expensive for a breakfast place). After breakfast, we stopped at Home Depot to look at washer and dryers as we need a set for our new place. 



We went for a family walk around 11:30am and Amelia ended up falling asleep ten minutes into the walk. Instead of trying to transfer her, we ended up going for a way longer walk then we planned on. Luckily, it was a fairly nice day out. 

We didn't do much else for the rest of the day. Just hung around at home. 


{sunday} in the morning, Brian went for a mountain bike ride with Justin (not even sure why I tell you anymore- just assume they go every weekend, haha).  I saw on Instagram that one of my cousins who lives in Ontario and I haven't seen in years was in Calgary, so we met up for coffee in East Village. After that, we walked into St. Patrick's Island so Amelia could play. Amelia loved my cousin and held her hand for so long walking back, which she never does with Brian or I. It was nice to catch up with her!

Amelia fell asleep on the drive home, but she luckily transferred to the crib and slept for another 1.5 hours. I took Harley for a slow 5km run {why did I ever stop running?!} and then went to pick up some more moving boxes from a lady that I found on FB.  


And that was pretty much our weekend. How was yours?

7 comments :

  1. That's awesome you went to one of Alison's classes. I bet she was fantastic and I'd love to come to a class too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for coming! I really appreciate it. Sounds like a great weekend! You move so soon now, so exciting! I can't wait to come see it! We've been meaning to try that breaky place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah so great you got to see Alison in action! ;) I'm sad you missed brunch with us on Sunday. I feel like breakfast, which used to be the cheap meal to eat out, is getting expensive everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome you guys got to see your cousin! Sounds like a busy weekend! I would love to try surf set, seems like such a tough workout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was our big move-into-the-new-house-weekend... It was so hard! There is still so much unpacking and organizing to do but we're starting to settle in. I hope your move goes smoothly!
    I didn't run at all the past 2 weeks then Sunday managed to do 4 miles and was certainly regretting the two weeks off. It takes so long to build fitness then it goes away so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun weekend! I love unplanned weekend. I need one of those soon - hopefully things will slow down a bit in November! That's awesome that you got to take a class that Alison taught. I am sure she's an awesome instructor since she seems like such a positive and upbeat person!

    My weekend was great as we were on vacation! We met Lauren, her little guy Henry and her mom for lunch on our way back to Portland. It was great to see her and meet Henry and her mom! We did some exploring in the rain in Portland on Saturday and then flew home on Sunday. It was a great trip but the weather was kind of awful so we were happy to be home again as the temps are nice here still. Although it started raining when we got home last night so we must have brought that weather back with us. Womp womp.

    Good luck with the packing! It's sooo much work to move, especially if you haven't moved for awhile. I had moved every year for the last 4 years so that sort of prevented me from accumulating as much as I would have if I had lived in one place. But no matter how much or how little you have, it's still a pain to move!! It will be great to have it behind you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that breakfast place in Creekside? We went there the day we moved. It was good but a bit pricey. Eating out is so expensive- I've given up trying to find a cheap meal.

    Hope the packing is coming along. Getting closer!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...