Monday, October 24, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

One of these days I promise to blog more than just on Monday's. Ah well, let's see what we were up to this weekend:

{friday} after work, I went home for a bit before getting changed and heading out The Last Best with Brie, Ange, Leslie and Jen for my early birthday dinner. It was great catching up with everyone! And thanks again for coming out :)



{saturday} Brian and Justin went biking, so Amelia and I hung around the house for a bit before heading to the pumpkin giveaway that one of the realtors in our neighbourhood puts on. They just ask you to bring a donation for the food bank, which is easy to do.  We had walked up there with the wagon, and headed back home. Amelia didn't want to get out when we got home, so we ended up walking around the super rich area near us and she loved it. 



 
Amelia went down for nap around 12:45pm, and I crawled into bed myself and had a wonderful nap! I miss mat leave for all of the naps that I took. Once she was up from her nap, we just hung around the house before taking Amelia for her first hair cut. She was having NONE of it, so zero pictures were taken, haha. We didn't do anything major to it, just trimmed up the back so it would be a little more even.

waiting our turn

{sunday} I met up with Ange, Leslie and Jen for a spin class at Illume hot yoga. I was sweating from the get go and it was a butt kicking class! Highly recommend. The other ladies stayed for a yoga class, but I headed out to pick up a couple things at the mall before heading home. When I got home, Amelia was down for a nap, so I crawled into bed again. 


When she was up, Brian had gone to get groceries so I took her and Harley for a walk.  The rest of the day/night was spent making dinner, getting my stuff together for the week and watching tv.

Tell me: how was your weekend?

10 comments :

  1. I'm jealous of all your naps and your napping ability. Sounds like a great weekend. Sad I missed out on dinner and spin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your weekend. Naps, dinner and workouts with friends!? Sounds like perfection to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have this group of friends that you go to exercise classes with. And your tanks are so cute! Sounds like you guys had a good weekend, the naps especially sound good to me as I'm tired today!! My weekend was fun. I had Julia Child Night on Saturday night so was busy on fri/sat prepping for that. Yesterday I painted the exterior of all of our doors which was a big project since there were 3 to paint. I'm happy with how they turned out. They were an ugly yellow color before and I painted them a brick red color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those first haircuts are so hard! I've been doing it myself for Swede since the only time we tried an actual haircut place there was a meltdown and the actual cut was not much better than what I can do myself. I've definitely been getting better at it over the past year! And Swede is getting better at holding still... So there's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad we were able to get out on Friday! I'm jealous of all your naps too, haha! That's too bad about Amelia's haircut. Were they able to trim it at least? Did you have chocolate to distract her? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I secretly steal your neighborhood association ideas ;) Lol. The pumpkin one is great!
    Avery was like that with her first real haircut too, do not worry it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tanks are sooo cute! I love them!! Sounds like a great weekend, the weather looks pretty nice there still?? Amelia is just so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we could somehow get naps added to the standard workday. Happy Birthday, sounds like a brilliant weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love naps! Wish I had more in my life ;) I'm sad I missed out on dinner and spin :( Next time!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...