Tuesday, December 13, 2016

{baby d 2.0}

First of all, thank you very much to everyone for all of your congratulations last week on my blog and Instagram. I appreciate :)

Second of all, I've done a terrible job documenting this pregnancy. Between moving, working full-time and being a parent to a busy toddler, I've had zero energy to do weekly pictures so far. Must get better about it!

I thought I would answer a few questions today:

When am I due?

  • June 10, 2017, so I am 14 weeks and 3 days today. My due date was moved up by four days at our ultrasound. 
Will we find out what we are having?
  • yes! We found out with Amelia and I'm way too much of a planner. Do I have a feeling what this baby is? Not a single one.
How am I feeling?
  • overall, pretty good. Still having headaches here and there, and am tired but that's pretty normal. Between 7-9 weeks, I puked a lot! I never puked with Amelia, but luckily it's passed now. It was always in the morning and if I opened our fridge.
How did we find out?
  • I just want to say that Brian and I were very lucky again to be able to conceive very quickly. We are very aware that it doesn't happen for everyone that way, and our hearts go out to those that are still trying/waiting.
  • my periods are very regular, so I knew right away that I was pregnant. I didn't have any feelings (ie: having to pee all the time or sore boobs) that I was pregnant, but not getting my period was a big one.
  • I had no fun plans on how to tell Brian and couldn't wait to take a test, so I took one at work and sent him a picture of it, haha. 
  • I went to see my doctor the week after, who did blood work and a urine test. He then referred me to the maternity clinic again, and I saw them at 11 weeks. We got to hear the baby's heart beat too.
Did I have an ultrasound?
  • yes, the first trimester screening one. I was super nervous going into it, but it was pretty short and everything looked healthy and normal with the baby. 
  • Our next one is in January :)

14 weeks


13 comments :

  1. Look at that itty-bitty belly! So sweet! Congratulations again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun that you and Nicole are due around the same time! Cute little bump!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Congrats again!! Can't wait to hear what you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! Glad you are feeling mostly OK. I never threw up with either pregnancy but the nausea and fatigue of the first trimester are tough. Do you think you'll do a fun reveal for the gender?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! Glad the sickness is over and you're feeling better. Now I am so excited to see what you are having!! :) Ryder needs a buddy I think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a little bump!! The 12 week ultrasound is so nerve-racking! Glad the puking has passed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear that baby #2 is growing healthy! And you're an incredible supermom for working, raising a toddler, and moving all during your first trimester. Wow!
    Boy or girl, so exciting. The only old wives tale that proved right for me was bigger left boob = girl and bigger right boob = boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so exciting! I'm glad everything is going well and that you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never puked with either pregnancy, but I had way more nausea this time around. I'm glad that's passed for you though! Based on that evidence alone, I'm going to say you're having a boy ;) Haha! I'm excited to find out! Your little itty bitty bump is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO excited to follow your pregnancy updates - I love these posts! I was sick with Chloe too but not Avery, maybe it is a second baby thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought you would show faster with the 2nd baby but your bump is small! I am glad you are past the puking stage. That sounds awful. I can't wait to hear what you are having!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...