Friday, December 2, 2016

Five on Friday

No apologizing from me today about not posting- just going to jump right into Five on Friday.

{one} we are all officially moved into our new house! We took possession last Friday and got started right away. The day didn't go according to plan (had to take Amelia to the doctor for lingering fevers, the painter didn't show up until I got in touch with her, etc), but it all worked out. We moved most of the boxes on Friday night and the mom's (mine and Brian's) put away a lot of our kitchen stuff. On Saturday, Brian and his dad picked up the moving truck around 9:30am and we were done moving mostly everything by 3pm. A HUGE thank you to everyone that helped us! On Sunday we went back over to the old house to finish cleaning, putting doors back on (had to take two off to get out the deep freezer from the basement), clean the garage and move random bits of stuff from the basement. I think that took us two hours, so not too bad. My mom and Brian's mom did so much for us in terms of getting stuff set up and put away at the new house. Our house would still be covered in boxes if it wasn't for them!

I thought I would be a bit sad leaving the old house, but I wasn't. Our new one feels so much more like home and we have some lovely neighbours! A couple already came over to say hi and bring us cookies!

{two} how the heck is it December already?! I feel like I was just going back to work and here we are almost a year later. I'm so not ready for Christmas. I've barely bought any gifts and just not quite in the spirit yet. Hopefully we can get our tree up this weekend.  

{three} I haven't been working out at all lately as packing and moving definitely took priority. I did a workout last night from Fitness Blender, and oh man, am I ever out of shape!

{four} for those of you participating in the Christmas blog swap, a friendly reminder that your packages are to be sent out by today! If yours is going to be late going out, please ensure your partner is aware :) 

{five} what's new in your life? I've been sort of reading blogs, but not commenting at all. Must get better about it!  

Have a great weekend!

10 comments :

  1. You must be so happy to be in your new house! Congrats! It would be hard to focus on Christmas when in the midst of moving. Even decorating a new house would be hard, since you're just settling in. Hopefully if you get your tree up it will spark your Christmas spirit :) Still lots of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on moving into the new house! I felt the same way - Surprised that I wasn't more sad to leave our old house, but the new one is just so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting moved into your new home! I always find moving to be such a surreal feeling - enjoy settling in!

    Not much is new here! Norah is busy climbing EVERYTHING and Isla is busy with school and dance. I'm busy trying not to lose my mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the move! Hope you are getting a few things in place every day and not feeling too overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for moving into your new house! I hope you get settled and into the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your move went well! And just in time to get all decorated :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new house! So glad you are settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that the move is behind you and went fairly smoothly. That's great that the moms were able to pitch in so much. I'm sure they were so happy to help you guys! I can't wait to see pictures of the new house. That's great that you have already met some of your neighbors, too! I thought I would be sad about moving out of my downtown condo in May but I wasn't at all and I don't miss it which surprises me. The only thing I miss is having a gym in the building as it was so much easier to fit workouts in! But besides that, I'm so happy in our house!

    Something new with me is that I'm back from Spain! I had a wonderful trip but it was a pretty hectic agenda so I was kind of worn out by the end and ready to come home. Plus I really really missed Phil and Oscar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your house feels like home already and you are all settled in. Package all shipped! I just hate postage. $20 seems nuts for a little package!! I need my own airplane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are in the new house! Sounds like you are settling in well! Having help while moving is so great! We didn't have to remove doors to get stuff out of our basement but we had to remove the banisters! I'm so glad we had movers! Or rather Jarrett is glad...

    Online shopping for the win! Amazon has become my best friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...