Monday, December 5, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! We got a tonne of snow yesterday and now it's going to be super chilly all week.  Winter is almost over right? ;)

{friday} Brian was playing squash and having beers with co-workers after school, so it was just Amelia and I. Once Brian was home and Amelia was sleeping, I took Harley for a short and slow run (aka don't ever stop running!). 

{saturday} Amelia had a wonderful sleep in (7:30am!), which meant we got to sleep in too. Once we were up, Brian made us pancakes and then we got ready for the day. We headed out to get Amelia her flu shot- lots of tears and screaming took place, but some stickers and snacks calmed her down. After her shot, we stopped at Once Upon a Child to look for snow boots for her. Ended up getting two pairs, pjs, a shirt, puzzle and a book for her. Strange how that happened ;)

In the afternoon, I took Harley for a walk and then hung out while Amelia was napping. That night, I went out for dinner for a friends birthday to the Yellow Door Bistro. Funky place with delicious food!


{sunday} the snow was starting to come down, so of course we had to set up the Christmas tree! Amelia "helped" us and it was super cute! Once we had the tree and decorations up, I headed out for groceries and a couple other things. It was pretty miserable out there!


Once Amelia was down for her nap, I started to unpack some boxes and go through a bunch of stuff to get rid of. I did a quick workout from Fitness Blender and then we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening playing with Amelia, making dinner and catching up on Shameless.


Tell me: how was your weekend?

8 comments :

  1. I love the photo of Brian holding Amelia up to the tree. Sounds like a great weekend. Are you guys all settled in the new place now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. I've been to that restaurant too and it was SO good. The tree pic is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had such a stunningly beautiful day on Saturday - sun shining, blue skies, temps were above 0 and everything was melting. It was incredible. And then we turned around and it was -27 yesterday with the wind chill. Today it is -31 and very grey. UGH. I hate it. If it's going to be disgustingly cold can it at least be sunny?? I am counting down the days until Hawaii for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend! I just love the picture of Brian and Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always end up buying things I didn't go in for at Once Upon a Child! Probably because never really know if they are going to have what you're looking for. Love that picture of Amelia being held up to the tree. I still have no idea what kind of decoration to get you! Haha :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shots at that age are the worse I think! As babies they have no idea so it's easy lol.

    Man I want to sleep until 7:30, these days the girls both get up at 6:30 though I shouldn't complain soon I'll be up at 5am when I'm back to work.
    Hope you're getting settled in the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have any snow yet but it's turned really cold. I would prefer to have some snow if it's going to be cold, but I also know how much of a hassle it is to shovel and drive around in it and such! The picture of Brian holding Amelia up to the tree is so sweet!

    I was still in Spain last weekend. We were in Granada until Saturday afternoon and then flew back to Madrid, spent the night by the airport and flew out the next morning. I was awake for about 22 hours on Sunday so was exhausted when I got home!! It was wonderful to see Phil and Oscar and sleep in our own bed, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely go into OUAC anymore because they usually don't have what I need. I might find something else but I don't have the time to check out a store that likely won't have what I need now! I found it great for 0-12m though.

    Aren't you supposed to get rid of stuff before you move? ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...