Monday, December 12, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! Can you believe there is only one more weekend until Christmas?! Not a clue where this last year and month have gone. 

{friday} I left a bit before Amelia went to bed to run to Sport Chek, Costco, Michael's and Canadian Tire to pick up a couple gifts for our nieces and nephew. Other than that, we didn't do much.

{saturday} in the morning, Brian made us his usual Saturday morning pancake breakfast and Amelia insisted on sitting at the table in the big chairs with us! She actually did really well. Sat still and ate three pancakes! In the later morning, I bundled up and took Harley for a long walk. When Amelia went down for her nap in the afternoon, I worked out and then showered and got ready for the blog party.

I left around 4:45pm to pick up a couple maternity sweaters I was buying off of someone and then picked up Alison to head to Brie's for the party. Deerfoot ended up being super slow, but we made it safe and sound :) It was a fun night of lots of eating, chatting and having a gift exchange. Thanks again for hosting Brie!




{sunday} when Alison and I were driving home the night before, she mentioned that they were going to take their kids to see Santa at Deerfoot Mall. We decided to join them, but head there a bit early as it only opened at 12pm and Amelia normally goes down for a nap around 1pm. When we got there, there was already quite a line up. Luckily, the kids had fun planning together and in the play area until their turn came. When it was Amelia's turn, she wanted nothing to do with Santa and completely lost it! Hahah.




After seeing Santa, we headed out and put Amelia down for a nap as soon as we got home. Once she was down, I headed out for groceries and then Brian took Harley for a long walk. 

And there goes another weekend!

Tell me: how was your weekend?

9 comments :

  1. ha ha ha that photo with santa is kind of hilarious! That will be one for her wedding day ;) ;)

    The blog party sounds so fun! So awesome there are so many of you in the area who have connected through blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog party sounds fun!
    Too bad Amelia didn't love Santa, but it IS a funny photo. I'm not even going to attempt Santa photos with my kids this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she would have done awesome with him if the wait was just a little shorter!! Darn Santa for being so popular! ha Thanks again for the ride! :) Such a fun blog party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm sad I missed the party. The three kiddos look so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, well she may be upset, but I think those make the best santa photos! Sully's first year seeing Santa was the same - he was so upset. The photographer kept waiting for a break in cries to try and get a "normal" photo which were just horrible. I was like, "No! Just get a really good crying one!!". And then last year I waited too long to take him to see Santa and we were never able to get in to see him. Oops. I have no idea how he will react this year though.

    So good to see you this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think we would have made it with a long line! Market mall is great since you can reserve a time slot online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the crying Santa pictures are too funny! I love the girl's blog dinner. Such a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm terrible, but part of me absolutely love the crying Santa pictures - so long as the kid won't be permanently traumatized by it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 'freak out' Santa photos. Those are way more entertaining for me than the ones of kids smiling. ;) I mean it would freak me out as well if I was a kid! Strange, old men with beards are scary, I think!

    Last weekend was exciting and such a whirlwind for us. We got engaged on Friday night and went out for a nice dinner to celebrate. Saturday night we had Phil's work party and Sunday morning we went to a brunch with friends!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...