Monday, December 19, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday friends! Are you ready for Christmas? Definitely not feeling that holiday spirit yet. Maybe once I'm done work on Wednesday I will be.

{friday} I had the day off, so we went to Brian's school in the morning. They had someone dressing up as Santa, so we wanted to attempt it again. Amelia started crying as soon as we walked in the school doors (maybe too many students all at once), but calmed down when one of the secretaries brought out a singing snowman. That's all she wanted to do was push the button over and over after that, haha. We didn't end up staying long and headed home. It was a cold day out, so we spent the rest of the day until nap time playing at home and I did a workout. 

In the later afternoon, we packed up and headed to my work as we were having a potluck. We didn't have a great turn out, but Amelia actually had fun and was calling one of my co-workers husbands papa (he kind of looks like Brian's dad). It was so funny!

{saturday} Amelia gave us a wonderful sleep in until 7:40am! Once we were all up and moving, Brian made us pancakes and then I headed out to go to a maternity consignment store. I finally found a pair of black maternity dress pants that fit, so that was a win. I ran a couple more errands and then headed home. When Amelia went down for a nap, Brian and I joined her and it was wonderful! 

In the afternoon, my friend Kim came over to see our house and have dinner. Amelia didn't play shy at all with her, but did throw an epic meltdown because we wouldn't give her more bread at dinner. Toddlers are fun ;) Once Amelia was in bed, we watched Central Intelligence. 

{sunday} Brian and Justin were going biking, but didn't end up leaving until later. When Justin came over, Alison and the kids came too so we could have a play date and she could see our house. The kids played well together and we got some girl talk in, so that's a win :) After they left, Amelia and I had lunch and then I put her down for a nap. She proceeded to play and do yoga in a her crib for an hour without sleeping, so I ended up getting her up. She finally ended up going down for a nap around 3:15pm and woke up a grouch! Other than that, I did some laundry and walked Harley in the freezing wind. 

I apparently took zero pictures all weekend, so I suck haha. 

Tell me: how was your weekend?

7 comments :

  1. New house photos please! ;) We all slept in until 7:40am Saturday too, soo nice! Last year A was not a Santa fan either, this year was better but she still did not LOVE seeing him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took zero photos this weekend too, I've been a slacker on the weekend recap front. I've got to do this coming weekend though!!!
    Black maternity dress pants is a serious win. That was my least favorite maternity item to shop for - Could never find a good pair.
    We did a Polar Express train this weekend that was really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's Christmas week. We have more snow that we've had in years so it feels more Christmasy than past years, but it doesn't feel like it should be Christmas yet. Plus I feel like all my attention has been on wedding planning (jumped right into that as we are having a 5 month engagement!) plus I had 2 work trips. When I was a kid, it seemed like Christmas took forever to come - wish I could get that feeling back!!

    My weekend was really low key and great, though. We did our Christmas on Friday night. Saturday I got caught up on stuff around the house and went to body pump. And then Sunday I spent a good chunk of the day preparing for the cookie decorating party I hosted in the evening for my college friends and their kids, which was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for having us! Your house is beautiful! Glad you found pants! Which store? I bet next year Amelia will be totally find with Santa! Last year D was the screamer too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which consignment store did you go to? Pants are so hard! I found one pair at Motherhood Maternity and that will be enough to get me through for my work days! I prefer dresses.

    Poor Amelia- Santa can be so overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Sully calls every older lady he meets "gramma" now. At my last doctors appointment, the nurse who was listening to the heartbeat was older and Sully kept saying "that's the baby, gramma!" Thankfully, she actually WAS a grandma lol. I had a pair of black dress pants from old navy for my first pregnancy that I really liked...but I was so sick of them by the end that I ended up donating them (otherwise I would have given them to you!). I wanna see your new pretty house!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...