Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Tuesday everyone! Did you have a good long weekend? I know we sure did!

On Friday night, Brian's parents drove down to our house so we let Amelia stay up until they came. She was so excited to see them that bedtime was LOTS of fun ;)

Saturday morning the boys (aka Brian and his dad) got to work putting together the shed we got from Costco. They ended up not finishing it until 5pm, so it was a full days worth of work for them. While they were working on that, Amelia and I went to the park in the morning with our neighbours and their kids. It was a gorgeous day, so we spent a lot of time outside playing and hanging out while the boys worked. 

"helping" the boys

While Amelia napped, Brian's mom helped me clean up our garden beds and get rid of some dead shrubs. She also made us a delicious steak dinner that night!

Brian's parents left on Sunday morning, so we decided to check out the park near St. Patrick's Island since it was nice (though pretty windy out). Amelia had fun playing at the park and then throwing rocks in the water. What's with kids and loving to throw rocks?!




After the park, we made a quick stop at the mall to return something and pick up Brian's new suit. While Amelia was napping in the afternoon, I ran to Canadian Tire to buy a chair for our front porch and then a couple other errands. It was so busy at Crappy Tire, but was able to get the chair I wanted.


After dinner that night, I mowed the grass and finished cleaning up all of the shrub stuff in the backyard. It was so gorgeous out that I decided to take Harley for a walk before crashing on the couch.

On Monday, Brian and Justin went for their bike date, so Amelia and I had a quiet start to the day by playing at home. We eventually got dressed and headed out to Bowness Park. Good thing we got there when we did as it was crazy down there! So many people. She still had a great time playing at the playground, throwing rocks in the river, and looking at the ducks. After the park, we headed home and our neighbours were outside. They asked if we wanted to play in the sprinkler, and I knew it would be a hit or miss with Amelia. Luckily, she loved it and didn't want to leave come nap time!





I finally got Amelia down for a nap, so I hung out in the sunshine as it was another gorgeous day. Our night was capped off with a super slow walk as a family with a toddler who wanted a walking stick and wanted to look at everything :)



And yes, those are the loved shoe boots with shorts! ;) We had a fight on Friday night about it, and I don't have the energy to push it further. 

Tell me: how was your weekend?

8 comments :

  1. We got a shed from Costco last summer and it took Chad two days to assemble - the thing is he size of a mini house!
    haha love the boots with the shorts - such a toddler thing to do ;)
    I need to go patio furniture shopping, but am scared to even look - things aren't cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys had a fun weekend outside!
    Haha, I've been having the same fight with Liam wanting to wear boots. I even took him to buy new flip flops to distract him from the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome weekend. Totally lucked out with the weather! Love the shoe boots and shorts! Those boots just might have to disappear! That's how we got Delainey to wear something different! :) Cute chair for out front and that's awesome you have neighbors to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and fun weekend! The boots and shorts combo is awesome and SO toddler. It was a little for me when Swede started being really adamant about picking out her own clothes and some of the outfits she puts together... Oh boy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids and rocks!!

    I'm dying over Amelia and those boots!! Have you tried hiding them so she can't wear them? I've done that with my kids before but they are getting too smart and lose their minds when I do that now!

    Nice chair!! Looks comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect long weekend especially since the weather was so great! I was gone all weekend but really looking forward to spending some time getting our deck set up and cleaning up our front area of the house this weekend! We still don't have a lawn/yard but we will by June 15. Soo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup - I echo everyone above - hide those shoes and she'll probably forget all about them! ;) Just play dumb haha. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I hated doing much outside of the house at that point in my pregnancy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish that our weather had been as nice over that weekend as it was for you! Your long weekend was our wedding weekend. I am just glad it did not rain as Friday of that week was the only rain-free day. But it was so cold. I was shivering/shaking during wedding photos! I was jealous that Phil was in a suit! But it was an amazing weekend overall and I wouldn't change anything that I had control over!!

    Phil also loves to throw rocks in the water so Amelia and him have something in common. He loves skipping rocks. I never have luck with that so I usually just watch and ooh and ahh over the number of skips he accomplishes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...