Monday, May 29, 2017

Scenes from the weekend

Happy Monday everyone! This is a great one for me as it's my first day of vacation before maternity leave. I've already gotten groceries, started laundry, cleaned up and the painter is here painting the spare room. No more ugly yellow! 

Let's see what we were up to this weekend:

{friday} my last day of work and it felt a little weird to be leaving. I have two really awesome co-workers, so I'm sad to be leaving them. But I know we will keep in touch and keep sending each other funny meme's on IG :)

Brian had grad for his school that night, so it was just Amelia and I. I don't think we did much, besides hang out around the house and play outside before bed time. I was in bed pretty early after she went down.





{saturday} we had a quiet day of just hanging out around the house. Of course it involved a trip to the park and playing with the neighbours too :) While Amelia had a 3 (!!) hour nap in the afternoon, I mowed the grass and took Harley for a  walk. It was such a gorgeous day out!



After Amelia was in bed that night, we watched an episode of The Handmaid's Tale. Still really not sure what to make of that show. Has anyone else watched it? 

{sunday} oh man, this day started out ROUGH! Amelia was a bit grumpy when she got up, but then seemed okay. I made the mistake of telling her while we were eating breakfast that we were going to see Delainey and Ryder. Of course, she wanted to go see them right away, and we weren't meeting them for two hours. We also decided to tackle making her wear other shoes then her beloved shoe boots, which was quite the fight. That girl has some serious will power and did not like that she couldn't wear her shoe boots. 

After some serious threats of not getting to see Ryder or Delainey, we finally got her to calm down and get dressed so we could go. Luckily, she was happy after that and had a great time playing with the kids at Princess Island Park. It was another gorgeous morning and we even got to cheer on the Calgary Marathon runners (made me a little sad not to be running it though!)






We got home just before noon and Amelia was asking for milk and her crib shortly after that. Being a grump is hard work ;) She ended up sleeping for almost 3 hours again, which she clearly needed. I may have closed my eyes for a while when she was napping and then didn't do much else. Kind of nice.  



Tell me: how was your weekend?

6 comments :

  1. I was so sad to leave work and probably came in way too often lol.
    Glad you guys got a play date and enjoyed this weather! If it makes you feel better I found last summer to be rough too BUT this year is so much better! Meltdowns are few and far now vs what felt like daily before. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend for sure! And now some down time before baby boy arrives! :) Thanks again for the date it was a great morning! We wouldn't have known she was a grump earlier and her shoes are so cute! Hope she learns to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo of Amelia and Brian is adorable!!! Sounds like a really nice weekend. Toddler meltdowns aside, obviously - My philosophy lately on meltdowns is: What can you do? It is what it is. Try to brush it off and move on with the day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys had a great weekend. Oh the fight about what to wear. Sometimes I don't even bother fighting Liam when he wants to wear something ridiculous because it's just not worth it. If it's not life threatening, it's not usually worth the fight. Or I just hide the thing he wants to wear and tell him it's gone and he's forced to choose something else lol.

    I love that Amelia asks for milk and bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome weekend, such beautiful weather too! That would have been fun to cheer on the marathoners but I can totally understand feeling sad because you aren't one of them! So exciting you're now on maternity leave!! I think if I was still at my old job I would be crazy sad to leave work because I was SUPER close with all my coworkers, leaving leaving to move away was really hard, but I am just excited to leave my current job ha ha! I like it fine enough but a break is going to be sooo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She has some serious love for those boots! Kids have such strong feelings about things so I can see why you pick your battles with her! I'm glad you got her out of them for the play date, though! It seems like they would be so warm!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...