Thursday, July 13, 2017

{gabriel}: one month

Blanket from Eevoudig Simple Unique
One whole month has already passed and I have no idea where the heck the time went! I'm sure I will say that every month too! 

Weight/length: 9lbs 11.5oz! This doesn't surprise me because this boy LOVES to eat. Not sure about his length as he has his next check up at the doctors in two weeks.

Hair/eyes: Gabe's hair is still very blonde and eyes are still very blue. We have a feeling that they will stay that way and not go dark brown like Brian's.



Diapers/clothes: we moved him up into size 1 diapers last week as we were running low on the newborn ones and he kept having blowouts up the back and they were looking a little tight on his legs. I bought a box of the Kirkland brand diapers, and they seem to be working well so far (we also use Pampers Swaddlers).

He is still mainly wearing newborn clothes, but they are starting to get way too small especially his sleepers. Started to mix in 0-3 month clothes.


Loves:
  • to eat
  • being rocked/constantly moving
  • his swing
  • being swaddled
Hates:
  • being hungry (zero patience when he wants to eat!)
  • having a wet bum
Eating: no real pattern to his eating as I breastfeed him on demand. He sure LOVES to eat though. We had to supplement him for the first day at home because my milk hadn't come in yet, but once it did, we stopped the formula. I've been pumping once a day and we have been giving him a bottle a day in the hopes he will keep taking them and we won't have the issues we had with Amelia. 

Sleeping: No real pattern here except he is either usually really awake in the morning or later evening. He sleeps quite a bit during the day especially if we go out for a walk or have to run errands. He usually wakes up around 1:30-2:30am and then again around 5-5:30am to eat and will fall back asleep each time. Except for the 5am when he wants to be cuddled, so that's usually what happens. He did give me an almost six hour stretch of sleep the other night which was wonderful!

5 comments :

  1. OMG!! So so cute! Sounds like you have this under control, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe you guys are doing great! He is so blonde, were you blonde as a baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really smart to start giving him a bottle a day so early to make sure he is used to taking the bottle! You'll have to let me know if that works out for you guys. Might have to try that technique as I really want to make sure our babe takes the bottle so I don't have to be around 24/7! Gabe is so cute and I love that blanket you got for his updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that he's already a month! That is a smart idea to introduce bottles now so you don't have to deal with resisting them when he starts daycare eventually. Plus that gives dad a chance to handle a feeding a day. Blue eyes are so pretty. I have dark brown ones and Phil has bright blue ones. I'm hoping that if we have a child, they get Phil's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One month! Are you finding that time with your second baby goes by even faster than it did with the first?
    I predict Gabriel will be a blondie with blue eyes too!
    Thomas was born with blond hair and blue eyes and at almost 15 months old his hair is still super blond (practically white) and his eyes are pale-grey-blue (I'm light brown/hazel and Mark is brown!). I think all the babies I've seen that are born blond(e) stay that way!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...